My new Festy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Festy!

O.K. it seems like good deals keep finding me I just sold my 89L that needed a motor(was going to be my swap car) to my buddy who had just wrecked his 88L. So anyway today I bought the cleanest Festiva I've seen around here. It's a white 91GL 5 speed and it has just about every option except cruise and a spoiler it has a good package tray it even has the original shift pattern button on the shift knob for $300 the only problem is that it doesn't run but that isn't a problem because I still have my swap so if anyone in the K.C area would want to help with a b6 swap that would be great I'll even buy the beer I have a running b6 88 323 that I want to swap into my 91GL the car has 150,00
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

do you have any clue why it does not run?

Nice find by the way.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I'm not sure the guy I got it from (he bought it new) said it had a burnt valve but it seemed to me like it could be a timing belt it cranks but it cranks like there is no resistance(if that makes any sense) I'm picking it up tomorrow and I will know more I think it should be a good car he gave me a folder full of records since 1991 I have a hard time believing that it has a head problem because less than 30,000 miles it had a head gasket done by a local Ford dealer but anything is possible. the p.o said that it last ran a month ago and it was making a noise and he said he thought it was coming from the valve cover.If I could get it to run that would be great anything common to look for? The only valve train work that I have had to do to a festiva is lash adjustment I don't think I took too much of a chancre in buying it since I already have a swap donor
      Last edited by muddevil01; 09-29-2010, 09:21 PM.
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

I got the car home I got it running I only noticed a couple of problems first of all it has old gas in it secondly it won't idle(don't know why) and I did notice a small tick coming from the valve cover but other than that all works well I don't know why the p.o. said it needed a new motor it has better compression than my daily driver no lower end noise at all anyone have any ideas on the two main problems I'm thinking h.l.a. on the valve noise and on the idle I'm unsure to get it to start the first time I had to pump the accelerator like on a carb. but now it pops off first turn of the key so stuck t.p.s? or could the two problems be related? I know that this is turning into more of a repair thread so if it needs to be moved I understand but all input would be great

Comment

Working...
        X