What to keep from a 323?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to keep from a 323?

I bought an 88 323 4 door base model to use the b6 for a swap. My question what else should I keep that can be used for a festiva?
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

The entire drivetrain, 80% of the interior, and I believe the wheels and tires (I can't remember what bolt pattern they run).
    I doubt that's everything, but it's a start.

Comment

So the tranny will work in a festy? How much modification does that take? What about the suspension is it applicable for a festy?
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Originally posted by muddevil01 View Post
        So the tranny will work in a festy? How much modification does that take? What about the suspension is it applicable for a festy?
        The transmission will work... the axles/clutch/flywheel all do as well. Check the Manual Transmission FAQ in the "Custom Engine and Drivetrain" subforum. You will just need a new set of transmission mounts to get it all to work.

It's still a cable clutch, and it will be a "zippier" set of gears for the motor. Great for autocross/racing/fun daily driving. Not so great for gas mileage. Check out the link in my signature about the F5MR transmission for some ideas on getting the right F-series transmission for your needs.

The front suspension is compatible, but it requires modification to my knowledge. Look into Quaddawg's coilover how-to in the suspension section for information about that.
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
        X