Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time runnig out when responding to a Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time runnig out when responding to a Question.

There seams to be a time limit when responding to someone else question. If you take too long and try to post, it will say "you do not have permission to post. Refresh and Log-in again.". If you Refresh and log-in, you've lost all you wrote. Very frustrating! Note: at the top of the page, it says I am still logged in?!!

Does anyone know how long I have to post an answer?

Thank you for responding to my stupid question.

I don't think I've ever come across this problem, and I've written some lonnnnng posts! Something seems fishy here... it may be browser/computer/ISP-related... not sure to be honest. You'll have to wait and hear from a moderator or admin.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Just before you hit submit Highlight your response and Copy it so if you loose it you can just paste it.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
        Just before you hit submit Highlight your response and Copy it so if you loose it you can just paste it.
        X2 I do this just about everytime, never know when a connection will fail (but it usually happens right after you make a really long post )
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

If you are getting this on short messages, check your browser settings. I have my Firefox set to dump the cache fairly quickly. Doesn't usually cause problems on short messages, but it does tend to log me out on longer ones.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I get the "time-out" all the time, but my posts and replies are still posted on the re-log.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I have Firefox, Chrome and Safari (depending on which computer I'm using) and I've never had this problem... like DrDan said I've always had mine posted after relog or refresh of the page....
              Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
              89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
              Projects in the works:
              84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

I usually run on Firefox and have never had the "time out" pop up.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Slightly unrelated but still in the ballpark. I have inadvertently, half paying attention and at the same time been distracted, unconsconsciously clicked on the wrong "X". Since I fix and repair computers for people, at church especially, I have taken special notice of how people type. And to my suprise, I find that a number of people have NO idea of the keys they have pushed at times. And a number of other people push the adjacent key as well and have NO idea of what they have done and can't understand their results.

Helpful Food For Thought

A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

I have had it allot just copy and paste after you long back in.

Comment

I've had that happen a few times so now I write some then post, then edit my post to add more content
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                      X