can anyone ID this car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone ID this car?

My buddy sent me this pic (no clue where he got it) wanting to know what this thing is. Obviously its not in the US because of the license plate on the car behind it. To me it looks like a very very heavily body kitted (is "kitted" even a word?) 2nd Gen Probe... I can't tell what the symbol on the front is supposed to be, kinda Aston Martin-ish but not quite. I dunno, but my guess is Probe... anyone else?

No festiva for me ATM...

Pretty positive its not a probe, I dont think they sold overseas.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

The back glass looks like a probe. Defintely customized.
      ----------------------------------------------
      93 Festiva L (B8 swap in progress)

Comment

looks like a 240 but not sure

That dash is not from a probe
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I think it is just a Firebird with body mods...... I googled firebird, and clicked the "red only" button, and some VERY similar ones show up...... but a probe is possible too

Last edited by Darlo; 10-01-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

looks like an FC3S rx7 front to me... the back i have no clue about...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Firebird/Trans Am is my guess... check out the emblem on the front bumper. The angles and stuff are hard to gauge because of the angle of the picture... it also looks like it has a targa top.

Very customized though... really hard to say. Try a bigger automotive forum if you know any!
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

its definitely a probe. look at the door line and window shape on the picture stds posted.

lose the hood, roofscoop, and spoiler and it wouldnt be too bad.

Comment

I agree with ghost.. its a probe
                  LIVE FAST!!!!!!!DIE HARD!!!!!!!!:evil5::evil5::evil5::evil5:

Dustin Hayek

91.festy 1.8 BP DOHC AUTO.The turbo awaits!

Comment

yea im saying a probe.
                    1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"
                    :spam1:is delicious

Comment

Same body style as my old 2g probe gt. It is a probe.
                      1991 stiva.

Comment

isuzu impulse?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                          its definitely a probe. look at the door line and window shape on the picture stds posted.

lose the hood, roofscoop, and spoiler and it wouldnt be too bad.
                          X2
                          It is so clearly a probe.
                          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                            isuzu impulse?

Um.... no. The isuzu impulse rs 1.6 turbo AWD is a bad car too, bad in a good way. Its a sister to the asuna sunfire, geo storm gsi, isuzu stylus. I have owned 3 of 4 of those cars.
                            89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                            My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

I agree, it's a Probe. But it's a 1st gen.
                              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                              Mark S.

Comment

Working...
                              X