first time at a pull a part..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time at a pull a part..

first time ever going to a pull a part,and pretty happy with my results. there was only 1 festy,but i got what i needed from it,a ds headlight and a passenger corner light.
    pulled a g25mr outta a capri,took the brakes and axles with it. i had the spare tires to so i could set the car back on the ground after i put all this stuff on,but money was tight so i had to leave them. i ended up with all that for $183.36
    add that to my new fuel system setup i bought(8-an braided line,high pressure 255 walbro,rising rate fpr) and so far after festiva madness i have had way more motivation and got alot more done.
    thanks to gforced,resuwrecked,and shorestiva for giving me motivation. i was contemplating pull the b6t with it as well if its there this weekend,but if i do that i think id be dissapointed in the end result since it seems noone has made the kinda power i want outta one.

dang what is with all you guys finding killer deals on cable G series trannys?
    Super jealous over here....

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by 05zx4st View Post
      i was contemplating pull the b6t with it as well if its there this weekend,but if i do that i think id be dissapointed in the end result since it seems noone has made the kinda power i want outta one.
      How much power are you looking for?
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

300ish as a start..if I have something together b4 tax time, I'm willing to push the envelope on it seeing as when tax time comes around I plan to build a better motor(rods,pistons,headwork.) Honestyl I'm wanting to make 400ish as a final product.

Comment

I might just go ahead and pull it this weekend if its there still. That way I can start mocking up some mounts and stuff to get a feel where stuff is gonna have 2 go.

Comment

400 HP won't do anything for you without traction...

Remember, Jay Leno's SHOgun is only pushing 300-310 HP and that's RWD...
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I'm not to worried bout that. Nothing I wouldn't be able to remedy with the right tire and suspension. This won't be the first time I've messed with high hp fwd cars. I'm coming from srt4 territory.

Comment

Srt 4 2900 lbs, Festiva 1700 pounds. traction is always an issue.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Srt4 500whp with 4xx ft lbs of tq.... the only limiting factor I see is the smallish tire size,but that can be remedied with offset and fender modification.

Comment

Best of luck! We need a new captain to break into the 11's!
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

A pick a part is kind of like a candy store...
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                        A pick a part is kind of like a candy store...
                        hah reminds me when i was little and went to toy r us......thats the same feeling i get everytime i go to pick and pull or any jy!

Comment

Better have a pile of transmissions laying around. They start breaking around 250.
                          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
                            Better have a pile of transmissions laying around. They start breaking around 250.
                            x2.
                            -Greg
                            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                            Redneck Engineer
                            FOTY - '09
                            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

140 bucks later and 6 hrs,i got a bp.

Comment

Working...
                              X