$300 body repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $300 body repair

My Swift GT has been my daily DD a good couple months and emergency when festiva went down. Its a good beater car even after having an accident 2 years ago. Was able to pull on the radiator support and put new headlights and radiator and keeps on going.
    Now have extra income every month so went to one auto body shop and gave me an estimate of $300 to repair. I will provide the radiator support and a suzuki hood. Just trying to see if this is a reasonable offer or could get better deal?

pics after the crash, before i started to hammer and pull radiator support and slapped on a geo hood atm.

What exactly are they going to fix? Going rate here for labor is at the very least $65/hr. $300 sounds cheap for fixing anything.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Man, $300 sounds too cheap to me. Body shops are normally rather expensive. The replacement parts alone could be that or more, even if they were used.
      ----------------------------------------------
      93 Festiva L (B8 swap in progress)

Comment

May want to get a second opinion.
        ----------------------------------------------
        93 Festiva L (B8 swap in progress)

Comment

Is there any major frame damage? Working with rad supports isn't easy stuff... I would go for a second opinion before making any big decisions.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

by my opinion doesnt look like there is frame damage. when i smashed onto someones rear the radiator support was was totaled and the place were the headlights rest was bent back. I am gonna supply for new hood or used ((using geo hood atm)) and definitely a new radiator support without the white paint. Yeah he knows he will have to weld the new one in and would make everything aligned up front. This place sort of just open like few months ago and has quite alot of cars they are working on now. Other places have gave me quotes going $2k-$5k.

Comment

The geo hood won't fit without the geo bumper. The grill on the Swift GT sits up too high for it.
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
              X