New Festiva owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Festiva owner

ok.........i just bought my first festiva......i bought it because i want to keep miles off my 2000 contour svt.....and it was cheap.....300 bucks bought me a 1990 festiva....in far less than perfect condition but the motor purrs like a kitten and seems to shift smooth...its a auto tranny....i bought it from my brother in law who is a festiva fan for sure.......he is almost never without one.....so im sure he on the look out for another one as we speak......any way just wanted to say hey.......its a multi coloured beast......i will post up pics tomorrow when i get home......peace....
    -ToTalXS

Welcome.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Hi!

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

ok so on my inaugural ride of this 300 dollar car it was an eventfull one.......about 80 miles into my drive home (250mile trip) i lost oil pressure and so i pulled off the road immediately..........popped the hood and everything is coated in oil looks like a blood bath......YIKES.....oh well i thought i only spent 300 on it what was i to expect. i got it towed home which cost me a 10 dollar meal.....cleaned all the oil off the engine and filled the motor back up with oil....turned the key and it fired up ...seems to run smooth but the valve train seems a bit noisy....observed the engine while it was running and the valve cover gasket apears to be shot....oil just runs out the front of the motor...front being the side that faces the grill...it wasnt burning any oil out the exhaust so hopefully it will be an easy fix and back on the road by the end of the day tomorrow......*crosses fingers*....if i need any help i'll post any questions in the help section...this is more of a informational post for now so i think GD is ok forum ......
        -peace

Comment

Working...
        X