Rack and Pinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack and Pinion

ok so i got this problem ... i need a new rack and pinion ... problem is ... i have looked at advance, autozone, car quest, and napa and can't find one ... new or refurbished ... i got a 93 L with manual steering ... anyone know somewhere i can get one ... preferably new ... but refurbished if not ... thanks in advance
    -Travis

'93 L Festiva (Bullet) loving the 44 mpg

try ebay.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Rock Auto has them Part # 242647
      Also advance auto has them hear is the part number rp8731 $148.99 core is another $50.
      Last edited by hofficergrover; 10-16-2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

hopefully advance can order it ... the guy was having connection problems and the warehouse is closed on the weekend ... but i thought last time he asked he couldn't get it ... but we will see by monday ... hopefully

edit: the problem with rock auto is that i would have to send it in and wait for it to get to them , then get rebuilt , then get sent to me ... i only have one car and i live 30 mins from my job so i won't be able to go a day without it
        Last edited by sorcmasta; 10-16-2010, 01:12 PM.
        -Travis

Comment

Have you tried any JY's around you?
          Manual Rack is most common and does not fail regularily so I'd have no issue getting a used one.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I work at advance auto and it was a FDO(factory direct order). Usually takes anywhere from 2 to 14 days to get it. You would have to pay before they would order it. Also the warehouse's are open all week just like the store. Just they have certain hours that have to have the orders placed other wise takes another day longer.

Comment

I just checked Rock Auto. They want $181.89 and $50 core. You send yours in and in 3 to 5 days you get a rack.
              Chuck
              Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
              If money will fix it, it's not broken
              91 GL -Ol' Rusty
              93 GL - Lil Red
              91 L - Tweetystiva
              http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
              http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
                I work at advance auto and it was a FDO(factory direct order). Usually takes anywhere from 2 to 14 days to get it. You would have to pay before they would order it. Also the warehouse's are open all week just like the store. Just they have certain hours that have to have the orders placed other wise takes another day longer.
                so advance can order it?? If the guy says he can't order it what should i tell him to do to get it?? Maybe u can pm me ur number so i can contact u if they give me any problems ??
                -Travis

Comment

Working...
                X