B6 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 Swap

Ok I need a new engine as my block is stuffed.
    I have a B3 and I going to a B6.
    I have no idea what comes with a B6 besides the Mazda MX-5's.
    I'm in Aus so if anyone could help me locate a cheap one for me to rebuild I will be most greatfull!
    Also will I need to swap intake manifolds and the ECU? Or will i just use my old ones? I have a 95 Festiva or an Aspire in the states.
    If people could point me to threads (I have searched the site but not much for my type of Festy comes up) or sites that woud be great!
    This is gonna be fun! I will make a Build thread when I have the doner!
    Or if people think it would be easier with another straight swap engine that has power let me know!
    Thanx guys!
    Fun and Festy!
    www.zappascomputers.com.au
    My Festy, My Girls Festy and My Hillman Minx

Do you guys think this would be a good swap in?

I think I need a fair bit of help here guys. I can put the bugger in but as for if its even compatible I have no idea really!
    Thanx!
    Fun and Festy!

Comment

laser transmission

I have always wondered if an old KB laser twin carby E5 engine would fit.

You would be taling the next step. I believe you will need the Laser transmission that goes with it. Then the big job will be getting the halfshafts to fit. You will probably have to spend some money at a machine shop. Before you buy anything, pull out your measuring tape or get the motor dimensions from Ford. That way you can see what you are up against. Is there a company like Advanced Adapters in Australia?
      Last edited by bravekozak; 10-17-2010, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Comment

if you grab a b6 from an 80's 323 you can just swap your manifolds and everything over and use your ECU. might not be the greatest but the wiring on your 95 Festiva is much different than the 88-93 Festivas.
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Thanx guys I might do the b6 80's 323 swap as money is abit tight and it needs to be done soonish. But as for machining if I could get my hands on a lathe and milling machine I could make alsmost anything! I used to work as a machinist! So i know of a few places I can go to get stuff done. A driveshaft should be easy as pie!
            Fun and Festy!

Comment

Working...
            X