Cutting Front Springs for Back replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Front Springs for Back replacement

I have read in searchs, that, I can install front Festiva Coil Springs in the rear but I need to cut a few coils to get the stock ride height.

Q: How much do I need to cutoff ?

Thanks for your answers!

-Kirk

Ok, I went ahead and cut 2 full turns off the front coils. I got about 1" extra height than the stock rear Festiva spring. Note: The front coil springs on both the Aspire & the Festiva are slightly larger in diameter than the rear sping of the Festiva. I do not know about the rear coil springs size on the Aspire.

- Kirk

Comment

How stiff are the front Festiva springs in the back? Are they stiffer than the Aspire rear springs in back? I like stiff springs. I have Aspire struts/springs in back now.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

How low is too low?

Anybody know how low I can go with my Festiva? For the purposes of fuel economy, I am hoping to reduce the amount of air that goes underneath the car.

Is it difficult to do this job? I am a total moron when it comes to car stuff, should I even attempt it?

Comment

Working...
        X