Learning to post pictures: a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to post pictures: a few questions

Well, I've successfully posted a couple pics at www.totalprotectioninteractive.com

I took an XP Pro class at OSU a few days ago. It didn't really help much, but it gave me some confidence to try. It took me at least half-an-hour and a headache to do the first one. The second one I just did this morning and I lucked into it pretty easily.

I have some questions.

1. Where is the best place to host pics? I am leaning towards photobucket but maybe cardomain is better? I just don't want to get into the Cardomain "comments" area--I just don't have time. I don't care if folks comment, but don't expect me to rove around and do likewise. (You all know how antisocial I am.)

2. What forum is best for me to practice in?

I think that's it for now.

I hope to begin my ATX swap thread within the next week or two, providing I get this stuff down.

[img]http://www.loompanics.com/online-store/scstore/graphics/34097.jpg[img]

Karl[/img]http://www.loompanics.com/online-store/scstore/graphics/34097.jpg[img][/img]
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

As you can see, I have a lot to learn yet.

Here's the image I was trying to link to:

I clicked "properties" and then copied the http crap from the properties box and then pasted it here with the img brackets. No can do.

Isn't that pic "hosted" on the web at Loompanics? Why doesn't it work?

BTW, Loompanics is "going out of business," so if anyone wants any weird books, they're half price. Yep, I ordered the Killer Kids book.

Karl

Comment

HA!

I got me an avatar now! I also have this at another forum.

Slowly and slowly, day by day, I am becoming better and better...

Karl

PS: BTW, that's a Streamlight Ultrastinger rechargeable with a bajillion candlepower. I carry one at work. Good light.

Comment

hey man, computer stuff is what i do for a living, so like let me know if you want any help with anything

Photobucket is the best way if you're willing to pay for it, it's $10 or $20 per year. thats what i use, and it generates IMG tags for you automagically.

Comment

Yeah, Andrew, we should get together sometime before Ohiostiva III.

Remember, I got a garage!

Today I worked on my Aspire rear axle. The brake drums that came with it didn't seem too good so I put on my other drums. I got one off and the shoes look perfect. I can't get the other one off, so my Dad's coming over tomorrow to help out. I'll bolt a wheel to it and we'll lever it off somehow.

I do need to learn to post pics. You all helped a great deal with my ATX B6 swap so I owe ya'll.

That Photobucket sounds worth it!

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
            Photobucket is the best way if you're willing to pay for it, it's $10 or $20 per year. thats what i use, and it generates IMG tags for you automagically.
            ??!

I think it's free.... as far as I know, I'm not paying anything for it. Maybe I was drunk when I registered, though. :wink:

Anyway, another vote for photobucket, it's supereasy.

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Karl, here are a few.All free.
              Doug
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
              X