Heater core question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater core question

Does anyone have an old heater core layin around somewhere? I'm looking for some measurements of one

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

hc dimensions

The dimensions with the foam in place are:

6.75" W x 7" L x 1-7/8" D
    Last edited by bravekozak; 10-22-2010, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Thank you

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

you cant use that as an intercooler, you know that right??? lol jk

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Could theoretically work for an oil cooler though I suppose... wouldn't be the best thing, but if you have nothing else haha.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

^ i dont think it would hold the pressure....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
              ^ i dont think it would hold the pressure....
              Yeah lol I agree, but I've seen it done before on other cars.
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Think of the heater core working opposite of what it was designed for, cold water running through the heater core with warm air from the turbo passing through it = water-to-air intercooler

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  Think of the heater core working opposite of what it was designed for, cold water running through the heater core with warm air from the turbo passing through it = water-to-air intercooler
                  i dont think it will cool the air enough.... its not big enough...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

dry ice

What you need is one of those dry ice intercoolers with a coil inside to do the heat exchange.

Where to buy dry ice?

Why would I know?
                    I almost bought a dry ice blaster setup off of the Bay.
                    It sublimes on impact and does a great job of taking off mold, rust, paint, grease and oil with no mess to clean up.
                    Check it out...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This video shows a Niama-Reiser Employee Dry-Ice (CO2) Blasting a Chevy V6 engine with over 300,000 miles on it. http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/video/810...

IceTech dry ice blasting is effective at removing paint off plastic without damaging the underlying surface. Paint is being stripped off a Saab fender

Time to dry ice blast your Festiva!
                    Did I mention it is safe to use on electrical systems?
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 10-22-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                      i dont think it will cool the air enough.... its not big enough...
                      Being water-to-air, it doesn't need a huge surface area to be efficient since i could dump ice in the resovior (<-sp?) tank and have ice cold water cooling the air, mainly for the track though

Besides, an air-to-air intercooler mounted on top of my engine near the firewall would not be that efficient either since there'd be little airflow moving through it

Comment

Working...
                      X