your opinions on ebay turbo kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your opinions on ebay turbo kits?

so what do you think about ebay turbo kits?

Honda Tech will be better for those answers. The general answer you are going to get from anyone here is that they suck.
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31394
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

ya garbage.
      89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
      My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

the intercooler piping and intercoolers are ok... but i think thats cause they have no moving parts to fail lol... and some people have made good power on the ebay turbos but just as many if not more have had them start leaking oil on the first run or shortly after.... the manifolds are pure junk, they ALWAYS crack, even if you brace the heck out of them... some of the wastegates are ok. rescuwreck on here has one and its holding up from what i know, but i have heard of people having problems with them. i think if they have lots of fins on them to keep them cool then the diaphragm wont fail... the bov's are the same story, lots of people have had luck and lots havnt....

im planning on running ebay piping and an intercooler and maybe a wastegate... and if i can find a good sounding and high flowing bov that works then a ebay bov too..... but if i can afford it then ill be going for a good high quality WG and BOV... also ill be using ebay heat wrap and v-bands on the exhaust...

if you do end up buying ebay stuff that has moving parts in it, take it apart when you get it (if you can) and inspect everything, if it looks good then put it back together with a good high quality lube so everything moves nice and smooth and wont eat itself from metal on metal... it should help in making things last longer and perform better
        Last edited by sasquatch; 10-23-2010, 12:43 AM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I guess if you get a cheap ebay turbo and turn around and get a name brand rebuild kit for it and rebuild it yourself with quality parts its not supposed to be bad.

Thats what I heard at least for the T3's

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

My buddy put an ebay GT35r on his 325is.....it was great for a little while but after about 3 months of MINIMAL beatings the oil seals are starting to go and whenever he hits boost it huffs smoke from the exhaust....
            Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

oh because i was planning to buy a whole turbo kit which they ususally go for 400 to500 in ebay and just custom my manifold on my stock festiva 1.3 to make it go turbo. but if they suck .... idk if i want to now lmao!

Comment

Rebuilding a cheap turbo with quality parts would work im sure, just stay away from the manifolds. You can get a good TD04 turbo which is a 14b and its a stock dsm turbo for cheap. Thats probably enough for a B3.
                Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 10-24-2010, 01:09 AM.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Working...
                X