Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommychu
    replied
    Yeah. the rubber gets cracked and the flex from the engine movement turns the cracks into splits. Hence why the cracking always forms in the most flexible part of the hose.
    I wouldn't rule out a fuel supply issue either, but I've only seen 3 EGTs with that intake hose intact.

Leave a comment:

• brickdog2000
    replied
    Wish i could find deals like that around me.

Leave a comment:

• Grey Vw
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
    "Dies when you give it gas"
    Likely means it's a split intake tube. Most common air/fuel-related failure on an EGT. Which is awesome for us, because few people check it, so they call it a mystery and sell the car off/ship it to the JY. Many a good BP has been acquired this way.

Almost every EGT I see at the junkyard has some sort of redneck repair on the intake hose, or a big split in the flexy ribbed middle part.
    A split as in a rupture? I'm getting pretty excited lol. I'm definitely going to get it now, just hope they e-mail me back and no one beats me to it.

Leave a comment:

• Tommychu
    replied
    "Dies when you give it gas"
    Likely means it's a split intake tube. Most common air/fuel-related failure on an EGT. Which is awesome for us, because few people check it, so they call it a mystery and sell the car off/ship it to the JY. Many a good BP has been acquired this way.

Almost every EGT I see at the junkyard has some sort of redneck repair on the intake hose, or a big split in the flexy ribbed middle part.

Leave a comment:

• stdsmt22
    replied
    Man that looks like a great donor. I say offer them $450 and grab it up. Tell them that should cover the fuel pump and new lines.

Leave a comment:

• Grey Vw
    started a topic Is this a good donor?

Is this a good donor?

I think I have finally found a donor. Problem is that they say it dies when you give it gas. I'm hoping it's just a fuel pump or something simple. If I end up getting it and the engine is crap there is a 92k SUPER CLEAN BP at Pnp. It's the cleanest engine i've seen in my life.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2022915611.html
    Last edited by Grey Vw; 10-24-2010, 12:18 PM.
Working...
X