Is this a good donor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good donor?

I think I have finally found a donor. Problem is that they say it dies when you give it gas. I'm hoping it's just a fuel pump or something simple. If I end up getting it and the engine is crap there is a 92k SUPER CLEAN BP at Pnp. It's the cleanest engine i've seen in my life.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2022915611.html
    Last edited by Grey Vw; 10-24-2010, 12:18 PM.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Man that looks like a great donor. I say offer them $450 and grab it up. Tell them that should cover the fuel pump and new lines.
    ----------------------------------------------
    93 Festiva L (B8 swap in progress)

Comment

"Dies when you give it gas"
      Likely means it's a split intake tube. Most common air/fuel-related failure on an EGT. Which is awesome for us, because few people check it, so they call it a mystery and sell the car off/ship it to the JY. Many a good BP has been acquired this way.

Almost every EGT I see at the junkyard has some sort of redneck repair on the intake hose, or a big split in the flexy ribbed middle part.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
        "Dies when you give it gas"
        Likely means it's a split intake tube. Most common air/fuel-related failure on an EGT. Which is awesome for us, because few people check it, so they call it a mystery and sell the car off/ship it to the JY. Many a good BP has been acquired this way.

Almost every EGT I see at the junkyard has some sort of redneck repair on the intake hose, or a big split in the flexy ribbed middle part.
        A split as in a rupture? I'm getting pretty excited lol. I'm definitely going to get it now, just hope they e-mail me back and no one beats me to it.
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Wish i could find deals like that around me.
          Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Yeah. the rubber gets cracked and the flex from the engine movement turns the cracks into splits. Hence why the cracking always forms in the most flexible part of the hose.
            I wouldn't rule out a fuel supply issue either, but I've only seen 3 EGTs with that intake hose intact.

Comment

Originally posted by brickdog2000 View Post
              Wish i could find deals like that around me.
              I think my bad karma is wearing off for flipping the festiva I had lol. The guy e-mailed back and if my dad says yes i'll hopefully be getting it on Monday. Then i'll have a donor car without a festiva.

P.S. Nice new sig Tommy lol
              Last edited by Grey Vw; 10-24-2010, 02:39 PM.
              14 C7 Z51

Comment

Well I looked up the guy on Google and it turns out hes a mechanic at a dealer He already checked the hoses and said they are fine so it probably is a fuel pump which is no problem since I'm going to need a higher flowing one later. Going to pick it up Saturday
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

What are peoples problems! The guy sold it today after telling him I would buy it Saturday. Same thing happened with a Festiva. I want to cry now:sad2:
                  Last edited by Grey Vw; 10-25-2010, 07:15 PM.
                  14 C7 Z51

Comment

you can't blame the guy really
                    if someone is standing there with cash and you say you will get it saturday
                    did you know the guy?
                    i wouldn't be willing to turn down someone with cash there for someone i didn't know
                    no offense

Comment

I e-mailed the guy and then later had a conversation on the phone. If you say your going to do something you have to live up to it. We agreed Saturday because it is when it worked out for both of us. If he needed money he could have asked for a deposit. Isn't it first come first serve?

I was so (explicit) excited, happy, ecstatic that I would finally be closer to a BP festy and then this happens. BS
                      14 C7 Z51

Comment

There are plenty of other BP's out there :lol: even though i'm sure that was a piss off, it's not like you'll never find anoth one
                        Last edited by Damkid; 10-25-2010, 07:46 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

True that. Maybe there was a good reason it didn't work out. I'm sure there is a better one just around the corner.
                          ----------------------------------------------
                          93 Festiva L (B8 swap in progress)

Comment

I sure hope there is another one because until I find one I have no life
                            Thanks for the kind words lol
                            14 C7 Z51

Comment

^

yeah just get your cash saved first then you can wheel and deal! good luck
                              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                              X