Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you ever been pulled over by the police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever been pulled over by the police?

I have been pulled over many times in my 20 years of driving and in that time I have never had a cop look at my cars vin number.

has this ever happened to you ??

I will add the second part of my question later.

theyve never looked at mine. but i also dont live in an area with alot of car theft.
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

^

they never check when driving a festy!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I've been pulled over once but he didn't check my vin.

I was pulled over by a cop because I was driving suspiciously. When the cop pulled me over he said "I take it your lost, your were driving like a stolen car would but when I ran your plates they came out clean"

Does your car look a little beat down? Maybe that is what a stolen car looks like to him.
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

VIN check

Normally the RCMP wouldn't check that unless they were told to.
          But in the middle of the prairies? in Yorkton?
          Bizarre.
          I have never had a VIN check in Ontario.
          Are you talking about a Festiva?

Comment

Well ya a few years back i was driving a 61 vette,Black and Red, after turning a corner to the right i mashed the gas,opened up the quads,powered second gear,spun the hydes and backed out of it, the next thing i know the Fuzz is on my tail,turns out he is into old Chevys,a member of the local Tri Five Club,so ya i gave him my license,Reg and insurance card,he did a walk around and did check the vin. He gave the papers back and asked if i would drive to the other side of town so his buds could see it and said have a good day.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Never had anyone look at the VIN.....
              1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
              1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
              1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
              1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
              1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
              1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
              1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Once at a border crossing yes, because I had it badged as a mazda but it obviously came up as a ford in the computer. Threw him off.
                89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                RIP 90LX

Comment

bassman, are you thinking of putting your plates and carry insurance receipt from one festiva to another, lol. Is that your second question. I thought about not licensing my second festiva and when I want to drive it, put plates off other festiva. Them not looking at the vin would be great cause they are both 93 festiva's.
                  Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                  93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                  01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

When I was in High School, the only car I had was my '74 Mustang II 4X4 that I built (and still have). The Mustang body was given to me for free from a guy who bought it for the engine and he didn't have a title for it. The chassis that I used was from a '67 Bronco - which I did have a title for. Soooooo....I had it licensed, plated & insured as a '67 Bronco, using the Bronco VIN# which is stamped on the frame rail.

Needless to say, I got pulled over in every small town I went to for the first year. They would call in the plates and it would come back as a Bronco and the red lights would come on. The first thing I would always say when they told me my car was licensed as a Bronco was "It is a Bronco." Then they would run the VIN# on the Mustang to see if it was stolen. The local Sheriff told me that I should really license it as an "assembled vehicle", but since the courthouse licensed it as a Bronco, there was nothing any law enforcement could do about it. After a year of being seen in all the surrounding towns, they all knew me and I never got bothered again.

As for the insurance issue- Here in Nebraska, the car is insured, primarily, based on the VIN#. If you get into an accident and the VIN# on the vehicle doesn't match their records they will not cover you. Then, you leave yourself wide open to personal liability.
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

oregon

i bought the bpt in canada. i had to drive it 1400 miles to san diego. i was pulled over in oregon. i asked the mount me , why he pulled me over, since i was even with two other cars. he said i looked faster with the big intercooler.
                      Last edited by BEASTS'TIVA; 10-28-2010, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
                        bassman, are you thinking of putting your plates and carry insurance receipt from one festiva to another, lol. Is that your second question. I thought about not licensing my second festiva and when I want to drive it, put plates off other festiva. Them not looking at the vin would be great cause they are both 93 festiva's.
                        ha ha , you got me!

I had 7 chevy trucks with one plate when I was young and now I have a yard full of friends and my own festivas and was thinking of doing a b6t swap, I am sure the moral police will disagree but I see no problem with swapping plates as to do it legal it is just a phone call and 10 bucks.

Comment

hmmm... well good luck if you ever get into an accident and they run the VIN is all I have to say. Swapping plates illegally = BAD idea. Seen it happen to more than one person I know. Get rear-ended and its not even their fault, but the cops have to run the VINs anyway. Then the car winds up in impound, and once the guy's DL even got suspended. They aren't likely to check it at a traffic stop unless they have reason to believe they need to (ie. suspicion of stolen vehicle) but if there's a wreck they run everyone's plates and VINs to make sure it matches the insurance. Thats how its done in GA anyway. Technically you'd be driving an uninsured vehicle with an invalid tag. Unless you're planning on insuring both but just having one tag?
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I got pulled over once and they checked my VIN because someone had switched their tag for mine. That was confusing.
                            Steve GT

Comment

I am not at the point to where I need to do this as I only have one car but in the old days of my chevy trucks they were all so beat up I made trucks from trucks and so on .

I would be so heartbroken if my baby was in a crash and they wrote it off, as to me a festiva is the best small car out there , great milage, looks good, lots of room ect .

Comment

Working...
                              X