Are these items ever existed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these items ever existed?

-Clear front corner lights (not the flashers)
    -Rear fiberglass hatch. (looks like someone had the idea but was it ever produced?)

I just won a set of clear corners on ebay
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
      -Rear fiberglass hatch. (looks like someone had the idea but was it ever produced?)
      Yeah... I was looking into these a couple days ago as well. Seems like the hoods were produced because they (obviously) had much more interest. You'd have to PM FestivaWES (or just wait til he reads this) to find out what the status is on those. Sure would be a great way to improve the handling... reducing top-heavy weight is a great way to reduce roll and or improve handling.
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

ENEMY_ so what was the shipping on that pair of clear corners from Lockerbie.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

FMS used to sell a fiberglass rear hatch, but good luck ever getting one.
          I thought about just cutting away most of the internal structure and adding a plexi-glass rear window. Probably end up with a floppy piece of junk, though. A nice high quality FG hatch would be a great improvement.

I also thought about plexi-glass rear quarter windows as well. I bet you could shave 50+ Lbs with just those mods.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

4pounds so like $6?

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
              FMS used to sell a fiberglass rear hatch, but good luck ever getting one.
              I thought about just cutting away most of the internal structure and adding a plexi-glass rear window. Probably end up with a floppy piece of junk, though. A nice high quality FG hatch would be a great improvement.

I also thought about plexi-glass rear quarter windows as well. I bet you could shave 50+ Lbs with just those mods.
              That guy with the black b6t race car... Jasonsrt4 or Jasonsx4 or something... he had lexan rear windows, and I remember someone saying it would be good for 30-40 pounds on its own. With a light-weight hatch, you'd probably be right. I wonder if plexi-glass would be restricted/illegal the way lexan is on road cars...
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Both are around... FMS was producing the hatches... Almost pulled the trigger on one, but held off. The idea of using hood pins to keep it closed seemed weird.
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Not to rain on your parade but those might be for the later model prides that dont fit our cars without the matching fenders. just fyi
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Talked to Wes not to long ago. The guy who made the hoods has gone MIA. Wes is looking for some one to do another project first. He is also busy with his swap.
                    Chuck
                    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                    If money will fix it, it's not broken
                    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                    93 GL - Lil Red
                    91 L - Tweetystiva
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                      Not to rain on your parade but those might be for the later model prides that dont fit our cars without the matching fenders. just fyi
                      I really hope this is not true. I just spent $50 on them :/

Comment

So it turns out they wont work which really effin sucks! I'm hoping for a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                          I wonder if plexi-glass would be restricted/illegal the way lexan is on road cars...
                          Probably, but if your state doesn't have inspection you could probably get by with it. I thought about drilling holes for the hinges and latch, so they function like the real glass quarter windows.....but they have a slight compound curvature, so a flat piece of plexi-glass would probably fit like crap for a daily driven car. The rear window is big enough that it may conform to the curve. You could pop-rivet it in place and glue the weatherstrip over the rivets so it looks stock.
                          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Why would anyone want plexiglass windows on a car? They're used on small airplanes for the obvious reason of saving weight, but THEY SCRATCH EASILY. You can't even scrape thin ice off them without destroying them. Even using a paper towel in warm weather leads to fine scratching (paper is abrasive) which shows up when looking into the sun. Also, cracks start at the holes used to fasten them on and spread like spider webs.
                            88L black, dailydriver
                            88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                            4 88/89 disassembled
                            91L green
                            91GL aqua pwrsteer
                            92GL red a/c reardmg
                            3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                            1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Working...
                            X