X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by project b6t
    isnt this what the for sale/wanted forum is about??/
    Its more like looking out for parts for each other. Then you can buy it for them (profit) or just let them now where the part is!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

thats what I was thinking
      Have your own list of things you need & a list of stuff people here want/need. Either one could get the part then sell/give to the person that asks or Tell them where the fedty parts are at.

Would be a nice addition to the forum.

I could/would like to be moderator or what ever, If thats ok with the powers at be?
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Sometimes I go to the JY and find things that I wasn't actually looking for but would be nice to have. Also the [FS] ,[Ebay], [WTB], [WTT] stuff is for active sellers mainly. I bet most of us have extra parts stashed away for some reason or another. Like Zeeknof with all his switchs & stuff. Unless you asked who knows what others have.

1 thing though

Spoilers, body kits, Mudflaps(For Packrat427) and such should be stickeys. :roll:
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

:evil4: ^^ Thats Funny !! ^^
          ------------------------------------------------
          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

:roll: Yeah I thought of your movie. :shock:

How many options have to die?????? :twisted:

Comment

^^^^ NOW THATS FUNNY!!!!
              ~Jeff
              1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
              1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
              2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

i am for it. i found an aspire se tach cluster for someone in the forum and i did not know until he mentioned it several times and he got it after he was looking for a long time. but i know now to automaticly pull one if i see one.

Comment

i agree it is a good idea, but it wouldn't help me too much to know where junkyards are in the U.S. so i like the idea of a Canadian and U.S. section to it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I wasn;t thinking of a junkyard locator, the internet has plenty of those. I was thinking of a Forum area that would have stuff like this:

:idea:

Found 89 festiva

its blue left side damaged. Missing pass. headlight. Has spoiler, mudflaps, tachy speedo, & LX interior. Post if you need anything & I'll get it for you.

:idea:

Comment

even still, for me to drive that far and deal with customs, it would make it easier if there was a spot for canadian junkyards so that canadian members could relate

example, there's a junkyard about 30 min drive for me that has around 20 festivas, and it could be very helpful to anyone in canada to go there instead driving to the U.S.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I would go there, but then again I am very strange. I just got back from Indianpolis 20 mins ago to get a festy part.

Comment

ya, i guess you're right on that, the better chances of finding rare parts makes it more worth while to drive further

Comment

How to avoid customs:

1. Make note of the items you wish to purchase from junkyard.
                            2. Remove those parts from your car.
                            3. Drive to junkyard WARNING: You may get some strange looks with the door, hatch, hood, fenders, seats, windows, side mirrors, head lights, grill, bumpers all missing. :shock:
                            4. Get stuff and put on your car.
                            5. Drive back through customs with every piece a different color :lol:
                            ~Jeff
                            1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                            1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                            2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Thats great. I found out that I couldn't fit a hatch in the back of a festy the hard way. I does fit in the back of a 96 civic hatchback & my 2001 GTI.

Damkid = Or better yet someone who lives close could pull that part for you and give/sell/trade to the requesting party.
                              EXAMPLE: Say you really want a stock black hatch with wiper & defroster. I know of one in a junkyard thats near mint (like the car that had 8k miles on it and was hit in the front 8) :shock: 8) ) I could pull it for you or I would tell you where it was so you could make your own arrangements.

I dont know about elsewhere in the world but festy's around here are becoming rare cause the JY around here crush them as soon as they come in. They think nobody wants them. Even though I've left my cell # with all of them for when they do get a festiva....

Comment

i've managed to fit two different festiva hatches in the back of my car. not at the same time but they did barely fit. i think the junkyard forum would be a good idea too.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

Working...
                                X