How much I appreciate FF.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much I appreciate FF.com

So, I sold my wife's Mustang a couple weeks ago. I really wanted to get another Festiva, but there weren't any around, so I just opened up my options a little more until... I found this '90 BMW 735i for $800. It was a repo car, so it was extremely trashed. Seriously, I've never in my life seen balder tires than these, and all FIVE tires are that way (spare, too). Well, the transmission is crapped out, and I needed big help figuring my way through it all. With my Internet car-help experience (FF.com), I expected to find something comparable for BMWs.

No.

There are a few different forum sites for this BMW, but nothing can even come close to our Festiva site. Plus, BMW owners are punks. They don't know how to fix anything, and they just complain about crap.

All that to say this:

I really, REALLY appreciate all that goes on here at fordfestiva.com. I'm sorry that I don't know the names of all the guys who keep it up and current, but they do an absolutely phenomenal job of doing so. As obscure and laughed-at that Festivas are, its just great to know that we can all come here to help each other out and share our experiences.

So, thanks for providing such a great site! Its like a big online "festiva brotherhood" sort of thing- like biker gangs, only without the matching jackets.

yep
    '89 L! -shaved, lowered, 17's, and two 10"subs. B6swap. Candy tangerine, flamed, painted carbon look hood/stripes. AND the roof glows in the dark... That was a dumb idea.

you're right, we do need jackets

Comment

FF.com is like a giant family.
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

group hug!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
          group hug!
          Ok, who grabbed my butt?

Jim?
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

:lol: Watch out civilized society, a festiva gang is coming through town... I feel like a badass when I drive my festiva, I'm going to put a bedroll on the bumper
            4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim
              Originally posted by Andrew
              group hug!
              Ok, who grabbed my butt?

Jim?
              sorry, you just look mighty cute in them jeans!
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

The Festiva Brotherhood....

wait, can't use that.... we have females!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
                  [
                  sorry, you just look mighty cute in them jeans!

I knew those jeans were too tight...

And that salesman seemed a bit too excited when I tried them on.......
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

It's funny that this was posted today, while I was at work today I was thinking the same thing , we are like a BIG family here , Everybody here is very helpful ,and we all get along ,as far as I know ,out of all the sites I frequent , Everybody here at FF.com is alot more mature than the other ,like we are not jumping on each other all the time :sex: ( literally ) as far as I know ,I look forward to it everyday as soon as I get home ,wish I would have been on here more the first year I was on here ,my post would be up with the BIG DOGS, and you know who you are,I truly do appreciate FF.com and everybody here ,I just hope nobody minds all my long post's I am use to doing reports in great detail, Gotta paint a good picture . And I hope you don't mind all the vids I post . And I can't wait till OHIOSTIVA :headbang: ,that's all I talk about at work ,can't wait to meet everybody there and where ever else we meet up this year
                    Doug
                    ------------------------------------------------
                    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

It is odd but I look at this site as a small family as well. Ive owned alot of different cars through the years and have never come across a groups as dedicated as this one. Its part of whats kept my love for the little things alive
                      Paul
                      91GL
                      Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

I love this place too, and really appreciate all the help I've gotten. First, it was simply the knowledge that I had a car that was worth more than others usually thought.

Later, it was the info and support. Now, after having done a few things and gaining some experience, I can actually help others once in awhile.

We have a few squabbles here and there, but most of it is somewhat entertaining!

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I love you all so much :crybaby: it brought tears to my eyes. I just can't wait to finish my Festiva mutation, you won't believe your eyes 8)
                          Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

Love, exciting and new
                            Come Aboard. We're expecting you.
                            Love, life's sweetest reward.
                            Let it flow, it floats back to you.

Love Boat soon will be making another run
                            The Love Boat promises something for everyone
                            Set a course for adventure,
                            Your mind on a new romance.

Love won't hurt anymore
                            It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
                            Yes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! (hey-ah!)
                            Kevin
                            '93 L (BP{T} Sold
                            '90 L Plus Sold
                            '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

Okay, ya'll better tone it down before some of you wind up on Brokeback Mountain looking at each other funny.

Or looking at your Festivas funny anyway. :twisted:

Karl
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                              X