A Reason For Owning A Festiva.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Reason For Owning A Festiva.....

That I hadn't thought of, yet. The big bosses from corporate were at work today. One of them decided that I need a raise because no one in their right mind would drive a Festiva if they could afford something better. Course, he doesn't know that more money = more Festies, but oh well. We'll see if it actually comes through, now.:mrgreen:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Are you serious you got a sympathy raise? How much?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I have heard the same thing that I must really be desperate to drive a Festiva until I let them drive mine and then they want to know if I will sell it
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

awesome

1 more reason to own a festiva

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

For me they just think its funny that the biggest guy at work drives the smallest car

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

laughing all the way to the gas pump...
            ----------------------------------------------
            93 Festiva L (B8 swap in progress)

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
              For me they just think its funny that the biggest guy at work drives the smallest car
              +1 on this one!
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

most of the "higher ups" here all drive SUV's. Just cruising around by themselves burning up all that gas, what idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                  most of the "higher ups" here all drive SUV's. Just cruising around by themselves burning up all that gas, what idiots.
                  I noticed that. Not small suv's even. Like Yukon denalis and expeditions and crap lol. 6000 lbs of steel to carry one person back and forth for like 50 cents a mile lol...
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

They are all status symbols, the owner even drives an Cadillac pickup truck looking thing.

My car says "I'm not compensating for anything", lol

Comment

big ty2003, you might want to point out to them, the next time they say anything, that every gallon of gas they burn buys more bullets/bombs that are used against our troops.
                      Last edited by Pu241; 11-13-2010, 11:10 AM.
                      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                      Your holy ghost will not save you.
                      Your God plutonium will not save you.
                      In fact...
                      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I love how I get looks from people that think I am poor for driving my festiva, I have a new car for long trips that sits in the garage waiting for trips, a jeep lifted with a winch, lights and all the gas eating power I need to play in the snow and mud,64 impala lowrider with juice, a garage full of toys like boats, quads, motorbikes, minibikes but hands down I would give them all up for my festiva!

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                          Are you serious you got a sympathy raise? How much?
                          Yeah, I guess you'd call it a sympathy raise. No idea how much yet. Guess I'll see when I get paid next week. I thought about arguing with him as to the overall awesomeness of my car, but decided I'd just be quiet and take the money.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                            Yeah, I guess you'd call it a sympathy raise. No idea how much yet. Guess I'll see when I get paid next week. I thought about arguing with him as to the overall awesomeness of my car, but decided I'd just be quiet and take the money.
                            Thats the way to go.....lol....take the money and buy another Festy.....you can become like Fresh and start driving a different one every day of the week.
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt
                              you can become like Fresh and start driving a different one every day of the MONTH.
                              That's better

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Working...
                              X