b6?1.6 pics inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6?1.6 pics inside

Okay so I have spotted this on the junkyard yesterday. Well is this a b6 or what. It has and looks the same as the b3 except where the filter goes is on the drivers side. What do you suggest I can take from it. As my old post says should i take the computer or what? What else should i take that you think that would fit the stock b3 .. here are pics as you can see it looked like it had the same thing as the b3 . Will the thing that says 1.6 fit the b3 and fuel injectors cc do they have on them? Also please don't write negative stuff what things are well worth the take and what are not. I'm asking brcause I know somr guys in this junkyard and thy give me the stuff heap at price. I am experimenting so give me tuings that you think will fit the b3. In my old post I was successfully with the bp05 ecu to work but need to fix some stuff around to make it work properly. Well this motor looks like is a soch one. So any suggestions? Ty pictures will come when I get to my computer send from;(HTC evo)

pictures here:

Comment

when i was asking will these fit this is what im talking about. (its in red) looks like the same as the festiva one will it fit and also if i take that, the other circled red mark one and the ecu will it fit my b3?.. here are pictures showing what i am talking about. it those look like it will fit.. but any suggestions? and btw i already my battery relocated to the trunk. so i have allot of space..

Comment

Dude what's going on first you think you can run a B3 off a BP ECU to make it faster and now I have no idea what You're even trying to do here. You can't just take bits and pieces of another car and expect yours to magically go faster.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Take the whole engine. Adding bits and pieces to a B3 will get you maybe a couple of HP at best. A B6 has 19 more and is the easiest swap around.

Actually, if I were you, I'd go back to that Protege and grab that B8.
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Yeah it's a b6 (sohc), don't forget to grab the headlight ring on top of the vaf while you're at it! What car are you looking at? Is it a 88-89 323? Auto or manual?
            Seriously, grab the ecu if it's a manual car, hopefully it's b61K (2 plug).
            The only real difference in the intake tube is the "direction", if you took this engine, you'd still be able to use your exsisting intake tube because it's all the same size.
            Remember, this car is at the junkyard for a reason, if this car isn't crashed, it's probably there because of the trans, the engine, or both! Also take a look at the speedo numbers.
            Pull the valve cover next and take a picture of what's under it, then post that for us to evaluate.
            Last edited by iceracerdude; 11-13-2010, 07:54 AM.
            97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
            CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
            Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              You can't just take bits and pieces of another car and expect yours to magically go faster.
              Isn't that exactly the description of an engine swap (albeit over simplified)?
              J

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

To get a major increase in power youre either going to have to cram more air in like a turbo or a bigger bore, like people said swapping parts will give you a couple more at best. So your best option is to take the whole thing.
                93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Get the complete motor. Afternoon swap. There your magically faster. Or sell it for a bit of profit? How much for the whole thing?
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                  X