how much harder can it get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much harder can it get

I'm to sum up my interest in Festivas and fixing and driving them in one hundred words or less... can't think of how to limit it to that number of characters.
    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
    Projects in the works:
    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

I can do it in 3 for your
    THEY ARE FUN
    enjoy

Comment

38-41 mpg
      '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
      '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
      '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Fuel economy, reliability, go-cart handling, great potential and character, and amazing community.

98 characters including spaces.
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

^ there you go. Btw is this self inflicted or mandated by an outside party?
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

the idea to do Festivas was self inflicted because of a request by an outside party asking what I do for pleasure in my spare time... it hit me.... Festivas..... and it has to be within 100 words
            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
            Projects in the works:
            84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

The Festiva is a hobby, but also a lifestyle. With excellent fuel economy, automotive personality, and loyalty amongst owners, it represents the pinnacle of compact automotive culture. Modifications, repairs, and maintenance are all a pleasure in the lives of Festiva owners, all of whom interact well all across the continent as well as the world. Though not quite a cult following, the Festiva certainly has its fans as well as critics, but owning a Festiva is a very unique, rewarding, and enjoyable opportunity all in one very convenient package. Great handling, easy parking, and roomy space make the Festiva loved.

100 words.
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

^^^ Could easily be adopted as the official "mission statement" for ff.com.
                Very well stated.

Comment

The festiva makes me grin every time I get in one. It can be modified or not, they are the big kids road legal go kart. You know even grown ups want to drive go karts to work.

Comment

ziiiiiiiiiiiip..... beep beep.....
                    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                    Projects in the works:

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
                      The festiva makes me grin every time I get in one.
                      Me too. I've had a lot of cars over the years but only a few that made me smile as I walked toward the car from a distance. 56 Golden Hawk, 65 Mustang, 79 RX7, ALFA GTV6, and the Festiva. Every time.

Comment

Golden Hawk

Charlie did yours look like this one.
                        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                          Charlie did yours look like this one.
                          No, That's a 57. Mine was 56 w 352 cu.in engine. Yellow & white.
                          The car was in excellent condition when I sold it to a neighbor. New owner had it from Friday at 5 o'clock until Sunday morning about 2 am. A snoot full of Jack & coke blurred his judgment. He walked home.

Comment

Working...
                          X