Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone! New Here!!!

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself..... Name is Phil....... I'm located in Rochester, NY.

I just picked up a 5 speed 1992 Ford Festiva L w/ 102k miles for $400.

The car is originally a Louisianna car..... so rust is minimal. My goal for the car is to use it as a daily commuter car which will help me save on gas and keep the miles off my gas guzzling truck. haha

When I first picked up the car...... it had a black mist over the entire car. Scrubbing it did remove it but took FOREVER.

The EASY solution: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...... one wipe and it cleaned it right off. Here is a before and after:

Here is a photo of the entire car:

The interior needs a major cleaning... and I'm looking for the following parts:
    • Passenger side mirror
    • Radio bezel
    • Front bumper amber marker lense (just the lense)
    • Driver's side seatbelt (the part that goes from the middle of the car up to the motorized part)

Thanks everyone!
    ~Phil
    My Whips:

Welcome to the site!!

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of festivas.
      89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
      My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

hckrphil.... did you see the other post under your wanted ad?????
        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
        Projects in the works:
        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Gotta love the Festiva...... my wife's first car was a 1990 Ford Festiva....... she bought that one with 118k, rusty, and chewed up interior for $400. Drove it to about 134k, then it needed a complete exhaust so we sold it for $800.

I think I got a good deal on this one for $400. Ran great on the expressway driving it home The 5 speed is fun! haha

:sign10:

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
          Welcome to the wonderful world of festivas.
          My Whips:

Comment

Welcome!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by hckrphil View Post
              Gotta love the Festiva...... my wife's first car was a 1990 Ford Festiva....... she bought that one with 118k, rusty, and chewed up interior for $400. Drove it to about 134k, then it needed a complete exhaust so we sold it for $800.

I think I got a good deal on this one for $400. Ran great on the expressway driving it home The 5 speed is fun! haha

:sign10:
              Bought my almost rust free GL for 75 bucks lmfao!
              89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
              My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Welcome!:wave: My first Festiva was dirty like that one, except mine didn't wash off.
                '90 LX

Comment

Welcome and that's a good deal on the car as well !!
                  93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                  RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                  RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Welcome. Nice Festiva. White is my favorite color for them.
                    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

I have a White LX, the best automotive investment I ever made
                      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                      Projects in the works:
                      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

welcome aboard

Great to have you on board. Take good care of that festy and it will last a long while. I have a 90 LX I got new and it's coming up on 400k

Comment

Welcome Phil, @ 102K, that car isnt even broke in yet !!
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

102k dangg thats a deall ... that motor still aint even broke in... welcome ....and good luck... enjoy the world of festiva's
                            91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

Yelo... mine's a 90 too.... sadly I wasn't born at a time I could have purchased one new off the lot.... though had I been I would have.... this lil thing still sings pretty at 263k
                              Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                              Projects in the works:

Comment

Working...
                              X