Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotrodin4me View Post
    what about the 93 festiva in Malvern forsale with 69,000 on it
    I saw that. It's too far away, plus, I know I would be too tempted to keep it for myself. I would stress about him beating on it. Maybe I need to find him a Honda...so I can disconnect from it emotionally! LOL
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
      I saw that. It's too far away, plus, I know I would be too tempted to keep it for myself. I would stress about him beating on it. Maybe I need to find him a Honda...so I can disconnect from it emotionally! LOL
      :thumbup:

Comment

True, but make sure its not an OLD Honda, like a CRX or an Accord hatchback or one of the early 80's Civics... those are actually possible to get attached to because they still had some character lol. But any cookie cutter Honda after the early 90s should be boring enough not to want to keep for yourself
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

This is what I would get him. I was planning on getting it but thats a good 9 hr drive for me.

Comment

Lesser of two evils

Sorry... couldn't resist!

Lesser of two evils
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

such a long build up for THAT... pschaw i say!
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

After looking at several cars under $1000, I've come to the conclusion that you can't buy anything but junk (unless it's a Festiva or you stumble onto a smokin' deal). My son was able to borrow a car from a friend for now. I have an '82 F250 2WD that I bought for parts (mostly the 4.10 posi rear & 4 speed). It's pretty rusty & beat up, but it runs and drives better than every $1000 car I drove yesterday. I think we'll just spend $300 on it for new brakes, a carb kit & tune-up and he can drive it.
                Last edited by blkfordsedan; 11-24-2010, 03:09 PM.
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

Mu buddy's first car was an 86 Ltd...rusted to crap but always ran...till the 3.8 popped the headgaskets of course.

If I remember he filled some of the rust holes with great stuff.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

So, did you end up getting the Taurus then? As the LTD is out?

Comment

Originally posted by Darlo View Post
                      So, did you end up getting the Taurus then? As the LTD is out?
                      No, didn't buy anything. Look about 3 posts up.^^^^^ :wink:

I did see this ad for a 351 Ranger, but I resisted temptation!drool

Brian

Comment

:neutral:HAHA sorry about the question! :neutral: Hope it works well for ya

Comment

Working...
                        X