oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pan

The motor I got outta of 94 protege is 5spd motor. The oil pan is one big piece. I have an auto 89 festiva putting it in. Now the problem is the oil pan covers up were you reach into the torque converter bolts. Do I need to get an auto oil pan and are they interchange or take the oil pan off the 5spd bolt the torq.. up then reinstall the oil pan.

just got you answer...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I would go get a Protege auto transmission oil pan. That is going to be a PITA to take the oil pan off everytime you want to remove and install the transmission. The auto protege has a nice big access hole in the back of the pan that is covered with a rubber plug.
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
        I would go get a Protege auto transmission oil pan. That is going to be a PITA to take the oil pan off everytime you want to remove and install the transmission. The auto protege has a nice big access hole in the back of the pan that is covered with a rubber plug.
        I heard they will not interchange. does any body no if the oil pans interchange. this is what the manual one looks like. were the inspection plate goes is one piece.

Comment

The last Protege engine I got from the junkyard was from an automatic. It fit up to the 5 speed manual with the usual cutting of the "ears" off each side to clear the CV axle joints. I have had both manual and automatic Protege oil pans and they both fit with the above mentioned cutting. I've never used the Festiva automatic but I don't see any reason it wouldn't fit when both the manual and automatic bolt up to the B3 block.
          You gonna race that thing?
          http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
          X