Cleaning crap out of the vent area??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning crap out of the vent area??

Is there any easy way to clean the CRAP out of the front grates, down inside there? I seem to have a lot of leaves and muck in there....

Phil
    My Whips:

un-do the panel holding the wiper motor on the right of the engine bay fire wall and/or un-screw the small black panel on the left side of the engine bay fire wall. This should give you enough room for a good cleaning and washing out!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

and stick a leaf blower in every orifice multiple times and wait till you see how much stuff comes out!! also make sure to put air selector switch to recirculate inside air to keep the leaves from going into the car and ac system!
      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

I've heard that sealing every exit, hooking up a vacuum cleaner to a single open vent, and cranking the system full blast works fairly well too... John's method has me interested though!
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

shop vac adapter

I just bought a reducing adapter for a shop vac or a Rigid vac.
          I went to Home Depot and bought about four feet of accordion style, non-collapsing, flexible tubing and one worm gear clamp to hold it on to the reducing adapter.
          I removed the screws holding on both firewall access covers and fed the tube into the windshield plenum.
          When I bought the vehicle, it had been standing under some cedar trees for quite a few years. There was a large amount of debris to be vacuumed out.
          No problemo. It is now spotless.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 11-25-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

^ Good job and thanks for the tip!
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Here is a picture of my plenum vacuuming adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                I've heard that sealing every exit, hooking up a vacuum cleaner to a single open vent, and cranking the system full blast works fairly well too... John's method has me interested though!
                that was aewsome doing 140kmh and having stuff fly in our face from your vents lol.... good times

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Out you can remove the elbow from the fresh air side of the hvac intake. Pulled all kinds of plant matter out of there
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I know what I'll be stopping at Home Depot for on my way home from work tomorrow haha GREAT idea!

~Phil

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Here is a picture of my plenum vacuuming adapter.
                    My Whips:

Comment

Working...
                    X