Score!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score!!!!!

Damn it's about time i scored something decent from the junkyards. The local U Pull And Pay listed 3 Festivas in their inventory and this weekend is 25% off, so i went to investigate. The first two, which were identical cars...color/interior/trans...everything...were both missing all the good stuff. I mainly was hoping to find some 12 inch tires but they didn't even have rims on them.

Third car...SCORE! The fronts are brand spanking new and still have nipples on them, the backs are a bit dry rotted but have decent tread and are a billion times better than the rubber bands i've been rolling on. Plus i scored a nice grill to replace mine that i busted to hell and back. I got it all for $70...could've been cheaper but four 12 inch rims and tires usually cost $84 before tax.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Nice find.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

You ought to get some 13's it's much easier to find tires and is much much cheaper.
      Regardless nice score!
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I had 13s on it and it road like total crap. Now it's slammed on its nuts and i don't think 13s will clear unless they're super low profile and skinny.

Comment

Nice Score!! I'm still rolling on a set of tires I got at LKQ in March. Mainly bought them for the alloys, but the tires were damn near brand new.

BTW, your sig reminds me that I need to add some more data to my fuelly page.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Man i don't even wanna look at my fuely profile....look at that damned graph dive! I went from a 36mpg high to 23mpg....screw this cold weather crap.

The new tires are great though...it corners so tight now...it was pushing through corners bad with the old bald tires on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
              Man i don't even wanna look at my fuely profile....look at that damned graph dive! I went from a 36mpg high to 23mpg....screw this cold weather crap.
              I totally understand! I have gone from 48mpg to 43mpg! This SUCKS :crybaby:

Comment

Working...
              X