Festiva Kill Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Kill Record

It was my first car. 89L White. Had been rolled once. Looked horrible, but it got me where I was going and ran great. Pulled out of a parking lot and got turned around by a Taurus. Totaled epically. Shattered driver's window with my head and still walked away with scratches.
    My 3rd car. A 93L Green. Mint inside and out, but the previous owner didn't know/tell me that either the block/head was cracked or the HG was blown. So I killed that one pretty quickly.
    My 5th car. 88L Red(named "trouble" by festyboy pretty sure) On its death bed by the time I got it. Died shortly after, and sold to that poor fella on here.

All 3 happened within 1 year including the cars in between. Anyone kill more Festivas quicker or in the same time frame.

If the me now was the me then, the last 2 would still be going, one of which(93) is living again now, but live and learn.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Trouble is an 89L like Scrappy (charcoal). at this point it sits as a storage shed. unfortunately, the 88 you sold me is in the same situation (for now).

the one named Trouble earned its name on its trip home from the PO. before we even got there, karma reared it's ugly head and the dolly we were pulling jackknifed into the truck bed while backing up, then Trouble decided he didn't want to be towed on the dollie and tried to jump off...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I had 3 Festivas some years ago and my daughter killed 2 in a year. Hit a Moose with one and the Jersey barriers on the Parkway when she took a nap at 70 with another. She survived unharmed; the Moose not so much.... I still have the third at 385,000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        Trouble is an 89L like Scrappy (charcoal). at this point it sits as a storage shed. unfortunately, the 88 you sold me is in the same situation (for now).

the one named Trouble earned its name on its trip home from the PO. before we even got there, karma reared it's ugly head and the dolly we were pulling jackknifed into the truck bed while backing up, then Trouble decided he didn't want to be towed on the dollie and tried to jump off...
        Yep, that makes more sense. My neons have turned into storage. Complete 180 huh? The neon was fun while it lasted, for what it was, but one day it decides it wants to spit out the cam seal and toast the engine. Turns out it was a problem Chrysler knew about but didn't consider serious enough to mandate fixing it. Just released the part so it existed if you felt like putting it on.:banghead:
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

How about a kill and survival thread? I've killed only two. The 90 Sunsport auto back in 98 totalled it twice and still seen it on the road. Rolled it fixed it and ran in the rearend of Dodge in the middle of the night backing out onto the highway.. idiot. My dad's 93L a olds intrigue pulled out in front on me at 55mph didn't fair to well.

I've probably brought 4 back to the road that probably would of been junked otherwise. 88L bought for $150 hit hard in the front. Fixed it and sold it for $800 I think they drove it for like 3 years. 94 Aspire which needed a new motor for $600 put a new motor and drove 20k sold for $1200. 95 Aspire for $400 and needed new wheel bearings up front sold for $800 a year later. My current Festiva bought for $450 and needed a crank seal. Not selling it though.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
          X