Automotive ADHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automotive ADHD

I think it's my genes! Is there a cure? My grandparents was telling me the different vehicles they had over they years (50+) and my dad was telling me what his parents and he's had over the years (at least 40). Wowsers.. some of those cars would be big bucks today! Both grandparents had a really good taste in cars.. Ford Starliner, more than a few early Impala's.. dad had a bubbletop Impala.. grandpa a Studebaker. Not to mention the great-grandparents... I'll get the full list some day. Shoot I've had 12 and only been driving 14 years.

The reason I bring this up is I'm seriously thinking about getting a Omni, Daytona or even a older air cooled Beetle to tinker with. Even thought about getting a 80-90's Plymouth van and replace the Escape. Keep the Festiva of course. It's pretty much in good shape. Does need the valve seals replaced but with it's other problems maybe time for another motor.. runs good though just have to keep oil in it. I do need to bring up the 86 F150 5.0L and start on it. I have issues.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Oh, 12 in 14 years is nothing to be concerned about... we had a thread about this kind of thing a couple of months age. I'm at over 30 in the last 8, not counting any of my wife's cars or cars I bought only for parts. Some on here have had waaay more than that lol.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
      Oh, 12 in 14 years is nothing to be concerned about... we had a thread about this kind of thing a couple of months age. I'm at over 30 in the last 8, not counting any of my wife's cars or cars I bought only for parts. Some on here have had waaay more than that lol.
      Oops I was thinking that afterwards.. must be getting old. Now there's a 93 Festiva auto for sale local priced to sell. Tempted to look at it but frankly time for something different to play with.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

a few years back i had 21 cars and 18 motorcycles all titled and tagged an road ready then i sold them off got down to only 3 of each and now i am down to 1 festiva and 2 motorcycles the festy is a driver the bikes are projects but i may sell the bikes an get another festy
        Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Most I had tagged, insured and driveable at once was I think 12 plus the bike. Insurance starts adding up though lol, had get rid of a few. Still got 7 though (only 6 tagged) plus the bike which will hopefully be sold soon but its the wrong time of the year for that sort of thing lol
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I think I have it too. Last week I bought a 1979 AMC Pacer and I have no idea why.
            '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
            '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
            '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
            '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

i thinks ins a car guy thing... im 26 and have had a 89 dodge van, 78 datsun p/u, 89 pontiac 6000, 85 pontiac fiero gt, 86 pontiac fiero gt, 89 honda civic 4 door, 72 datsun pu, 92 festiva, 93 festiva, 94 mercury capri xr2, 72 triumph spitfire, 96 harley sportster.

my buddy is a few yeas younger and i think he is up around 40 something cars that he has owned...
              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
                I think I have it too. Last week I bought a 1979 AMC Pacer and I have no idea why.
                Mmmmm.........

.......just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
                  Mmmmm.........

.......just a thought.

Comment

Old bugs are fun. Just picked up a 68 convertible
                    The H.A.M.B.
                    http://www.jalopyjournal.com

Comment

Working...
                    X