Texting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texting?

Texting.......What qualifies as "Texting"?
    Is seeing a Text that you just received, "Texting"?
    Is looking up a previous Text MSG, "Texting"?
    Is sending a Photo, "Texting"?
    Is seeing who just sent you a Text, "Texting"?
    I'm I "beating a dead horse", here?drool

I'm gonna say, if this is in reference to the texting while driving debate, then simply looking at your phone while driving is breaking the law since you can't prove anything beyond that. If a cop saw you looking at your phone while driving, you're busted. The only way you could possibly get out of it is to show him your in/out box and say "well there's no recent texts" but you can't prove you didn't delete them before he got up to your car.
    Last edited by Evil D; 12-06-2010, 03:42 PM.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

What if you were looking at your ipod to change the song and they thought the light of your ipod was your phone? I always wonder about that whenever I'm driving in states where it's illegal to use cell phones!
      Amazing Amanda

Comment

My resent story about getting pulled kver for texting http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...t=32647&page=2
        :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Well Here Is My Experience From Friday The 3rd of December!!!!!!!

I am walking across a grocery parking lot.... a car suddenly makes a left up the lane I am walking in..
          I had to JUMP OUT OF THE WAY...The DRIVER IS ON THE PHONE!!!!!!
          PUT THE DANG CELL PHONE UP!!!!! NO PHONE CALL IS THAT IMPORTANT!
          Give it a break all you gadget junkies!!!!!!!
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by aglatfe1 View Post
            What if you were looking at your ipod to change the song and they thought the light of your ipod was your phone? I always wonder about that whenever I'm driving in states where it's illegal to use cell phones!
            That's exactly my point...that's another activity that is just as dangerous as texting, yet there's no law on that. Same goes for eating, changing radio stations, GPS, kids in the back seat, animals in your lap...etc etc.

These cases where people are supposedly dying because they crashed while texting...i'm sorry but they're no more common than the same thing happening because someone is doing something else that takes their focus off of driving. When i was in school, a girl wrapped her car around a pole in front of my house and died right in the street in front of me, and the police said she was playing with her radio.

People and the media are making a big deal out of texting while driving but it isn't any more dangerous than the slew of other things distracting drivers. I'm not saying the laws shouldn't apply, since people surely don't need another distraction, but i do think it's absurd to attack people who do text while driving because some of us know better than to read a 150 character text all at once and not pay attention to the road...you glance down, and if it's more than i can read in a glance then i don't read it. If i have to reply more than a simple 1-2 word answer, i wait to reply. Glancing at my phone isn't any more dangerous than glancing at my speedometer.

Comment

I text and drive all the time because I'm comfortable with doing it and driving gets boring. I have the pullout qwerty buttons so it's easier because I know the keyboard well and don't need to look at it. However, sometimes there are typos in my messages! I feel less comfortable changing the song on my ipod because i have to scroll down and decide what song I want which takes forever! I'm glad I live in PA where it's legal to do everything while your driving!
              Amazing Amanda

Comment

It just takes common sense...and people who can't multi task shouldn't be playing with their phones or anything else while driving.

Comment

your ipodular skillz while driving are quite a bit worse than your texting for sure!
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

my view is texting while driving should be againest the law. However, talking on the phone shouldent. Cops do it all the time! Really though, think about everything else you do in your car i.e. smoking, messing with the radio, dealing with your kids or pets, drinking your coffee, ect.
                    Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
                      It just takes common sense...and people who can't multi task shouldn't be playing with their phones or anything else while driving.
                      You may think you can do it, but there's a 97% chance you can't.

So that means 97% of people shouldn't do anything but drive
                      Last edited by Pu241; 12-07-2010, 12:38 PM.
                      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                      Your holy ghost will not save you.
                      Your God plutonium will not save you.
                      In fact...
                      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Don't worry, the Federal Government is working on a bill that will require auto makers to add a "scrambler" in every new vehicle. The idea is that cell phone signals inside the car will automatically be scrambled once the car reaches speeds over like 10 MPH.

Evidently, listening in on terrorist's phone conversations that trigger predetermined indications of suspicious content, which might save 1000s of innocent lives, is an infringement of their constitutional rights. But, scrambling the air waves to keep the general public from exercising their rights, even though there are existing laws on the books that can be enforced, is an acceptable over-extension of the Federal government.
                        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                          Don't worry, the Federal Government is working on a bill that will require auto makers to add a "scrambler" in every new vehicle. The idea is that cell phone signals inside the car will automatically be scrambled once the car reaches speeds over like 10 MPH.
                          Got a link to that info?
                          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                          '92 Aqua parts Car
                          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                          Your holy ghost will not save you.
                          Your God plutonium will not save you.
                          In fact...
                          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

No way that's true...
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

what if you hide your phone how can they prove what you were looking at a phone . too many grey areas with this!

just saying i refuse to text and drive my self, I'm a delivery guy i hate people that don't pay attention when they drive
                              93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                              RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                              RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Working...
                              X