deer vs. festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deer vs. festiva

Well a deer hit me, haha I know most people hit the deer. In my case a doe actually ran into my driver side front fender and cartwheeled over the hood onto the ground, was going about 45. only damage was to the fender and a small ding on the hood as it fliped it kicked my hood. And who said festiva's arent strong and durable.

glad to hear you and the festy are ok! deer are dangerous animals!

Comment

yeah, usually it's a loose-loose situation (you loose your festy and the deer looses its life)
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

That almost happened to me the other day. I was doing about 40 on a black top road going by a house when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I first assumed it was a big dog chasing the car but when I looked in the rear view mirror I saw a deer sliding on its butt into the ditch beside the road. I guess we were on a direct collision course but the deer veered at the last moment and hard enough that it lost its footing and rolled into the ditch. I was in Frankenstiva at the time and am grateful there wasnt an impact. At one point the deer and I were almost eye to eye as it was veering parallel to the car. Close call !!
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I hit one deer with Batstiva (right front damage corner light and fender only) and I've had several near misses with Annie. For some reason, they seem to avoid Slick.

Glad you are okay, and the Festiva escaped with minimal damage.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
          X