Fiat 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat 500

Although Ill never give up the festies I found this fiat that will be offered in the US next year. I don’t personally like the looks so much but its cool to see another subcompact option. Around 100 HP I think. Possible diesel option in the future . There are some other attractive three door subcompacts becoming available. Probably nothing as sexy as a festiva though. Too bad the new Fiesta isn’t offered as a three door.

Fiat 500 video
    Get inspired by the all-electric FIAT 500e. ✨ https://www.fiatusa.com/500e.html#inspired-by 12 / 37 68% Get inspired by the all-electric FIAT 500e. ✨ https://www.fiatusa.com/ 500e.html#inspired-by Reveal Assets: https://lion.box.com/s/ieozmse7ws35ea9cu3am982qrrre9zz5 SAS 12 / 37 68%
    Last edited by freshtiva; 12-11-2010, 10:28 AM.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

I like it quite a lot... I just wish they'd water it down and really offer an economy model. Us, as a small component of the target market, don't need electronic this and abbreviated that... just a small grocery getter with the basics.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I like the toyota IQ better. It probably wont be sold in the US though because it gets too many miles per gallon.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
        I like the toyota IQ better. It probably wont be sold in the US though because it gets too many miles per gallon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1knIJOdo_hM&NR=1
        I completely agree. That thing is the Smart Car done right.
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

the IQ is coming to the US we may also get the aston martin rebody of the IQ as for the new fiat 500 its a bit pricey i watched a test video from italy an they really didnt talk well about it but give me one of the old school fiat 500 an mount a rear engine motorcycle kit an you have a beast there are some great vids of these just look up fiat 500 hillclimb on youtube or google ...i also saw a thing about the new fiesta RS which wont be released in the states that is suppose to be a 3 door ........i jus think they should retool an start producing festy's again just add the airbags but they should do kinda like a smartcar and strengthen the chassis an use light weight panels like carbon fiber just imagine a festy with a aluminum chassis carbon hood ,doors ,hatch, fenders ,and roof panel leave out the back seat just have it as a 2 seater only around a 1500lbs add a b6t stock 10lbs of boost .....well a guy can dream cant he
          Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

nice dash

The IQ has a very nice dash and instrument cluster.

I'm not too fussy about the Fiat 500 dash.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 12-11-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
              I like it quite a lot... I just wish they'd water it down and really offer an economy model. Us, as a small component of the target market, don't need electronic this and abbreviated that... just a small grocery getter with the basics.
              Honestly, I'm afraid those days are probably over. Too much safety & emissions regulations and the US consumer has come to expect more frills out of even the most basic cars. The 500 was intended to compete with the Mini, but, maybe Chrysler will have a econo-box based on the 500 chassis?

I wish Ford would sell this little beauty here in the States!

Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Ka dash

The Ka dash sort of resembles a cross between the Toyota IQ (without the GPS) and the Fiat 500.
                I still like the IQ dash the best.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 12-11-2010, 03:42 PM.

Comment

The dash similarity is not surprising since the 500 is based on the Ka.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Guufs3mdgg
                    Me too, or this one. But no one would buy one. Everyone in the US wants a four door sedan or a five door hatch.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                      The dash similarity is not surprising since the 500 is based on the Ka.
                      Yes, the newest generation Ka is basically a FIAT 500 with a Ford designed body, built & engineered by FIAT.
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by mattman View Post
                        the IQ is coming to the US we may also get the aston martin rebody of the IQ as for the new fiat 500 its a bit pricey i watched a test video from italy an they really didnt talk well about it
                        they prolly didnt talk well about the festiva either when it came out, and we are pickier these days about cars then we were back then. just my $.02

-W.F.
                        Automotive Misfit

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                          Honestly, I'm afraid those days are probably over. Too much safety & emissions regulations and the US consumer has come to expect more frills out of even the most basic cars. The 500 was intended to compete with the Mini, but, maybe Chrysler will have a econo-box based on the 500 chassis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Guufs3mdgg

yes, we do need evil kitty killing cars in the US!!!

FIAT = Feeble Italian Attempted Technology

I am the original

Comment

Iq ftw!
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^

the fiat is cool but if iwere buying a new car probably the mazda 2 5 speed for 16K.or for rich folks how about 126 mpg chevy volt for 45k?
                              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                              X