anyone close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone close?

to Xenia Illinois? saw this and am contemplating a bid: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item27b74f473b
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Believe CharlieZ and TominMO are close.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

If I were you I'd read that description very carefully and ask yourself $300? ($305 with 4 days to go) Really? There's darn near a half million miles on it and it's described as being so rusted it would be unsafe to drive. Other goodies may be worth it for someone though.
      I'm just under 2 hours away from Xenia. but rain & ice expected here overnight so this old fart can't be getting on the highway until spring.
      Charlie Z

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieZ View Post
        If I were you I'd read that description very carefully and ask yourself $300? ($305 with 4 days to go) Really? There's darn near a half million miles on it and it's described as being so rusted it would be unsafe to drive. Other goodies may be worth it for someone though.
        I'm just under 2 hours away from Xenia. but rain & ice expected here overnight so this old fart can't be getting on the highway until spring.
        Charlie Z
        when he posted it up it was only at 50$
        that would have been a good deal but the 300 it is at now... i'd pass

Comment

BUT, did anyone notice....it has an UNDERSEAT TRAY!'That alone I would think be worth $300! Freshtiva?

Doesnt look all that rusty to me.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

The main problem I see for even temporary use (say, the rest of the winter) is the poor condition of the driver's seat belt. Replace that first.

This car appears to be an excellent parts car that you can drive home a short distance without a tow. Looks mainly rust free up top, but is rusting out from below. Lots of nice LX and body parts. Use the seat skeletons for reupholstering in your choice of fabric with the underseat tray (and split rear, I think).

For anyone nearby who knows what to expect, this is an excellent parts car, possible temporary ride, or even complete rebuild (lots of major underbody work, but it may fit someone's project idea).

IMO, not worth it for anyone else. Bigtime kudos to the original owner who has kept it up all these years and is trying to get it to someone who values it's limited ability to continue service in some way or another!

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I would bid. Things I can see that were not mentioned in the description, adjustable headrests, split rear bench seat. people on here have paid a hundred bucks just for the underseat tray, 80 bucks for the power mirrors, and what's the intermittent wiper sw worth?
              Chuck
              Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
              If money will fix it, it's not broken
              91 GL -Ol' Rusty
              93 GL - Lil Red
              91 L - Tweetystiva
              http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
              http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Shoot, $40 for the wheel bearings, as long as they aren't frozen to the spindle, a case of oil, and drive it home! It does have all the LX goodies, doesn't it?
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I'd go for it if I were you. With your skills, you could get it home I think. And you can set up a rescue network for your route home, to make sure you get help if needed to make it back to PA. Lotsa good parts on that car.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Area 241 open for Scittzz's adventure!
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                    X