Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Festiva parts needed

Hello all,
    I have a 2003 Ford Festiva 4dr hatchback in the Dominican Republic and I need some parts for it.
    I need a steering rack, and outside door handles for all 4 side doors.
    I'm home in the states for the next couple weeks and I'm hoping I can find these parts. If not here, then preferably in Dom Rep north coast...
    Anyone know where I might look. I can't even find any info on this car.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance, and happy holidays

Welcome!

Festivas were sold in the DR as late as 2003?

Put your U.S. location so we know where you are near and maybe someone can better help you out!

More info on your car, too!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Just a heads up festivas were never sold in the main US with 4 doors, so you won't be able to find the door handles here. Maybe the front door handles on two door models are the same as the back ones on 4 door model?

Comment

Yep, door handle compatability would be unknown. He could take two back and see if they fit at all, and he could always have two more sent to him after he finds out. Or some of the Phillipines folks might know.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

A 4 door hatch.drool
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Well if it is a 2003 wouldn't it be an Aspire up here? But yes I would love a 4 door festiva.

Comment

Thanks to all you guys

Ok, I updated my profile with location. Basically I'm home here for a couple more weeks then back DR where I have been living for bout 1 1/2 yrs now.
              All I can tell about my little car is it's titled as a 2003 Ford Festiva.
              I got it from the original owner who purchased it brand new in Santiago DR.
              Doing some digging today, it seems to most resemble a Kia Pride 4dr hatch.

Not the greatest photo for comparison but they do look very similar if not the same.
              I copied the following info from a "History of Festiva" website and this may be describing my car.

"A similar Festiva-based vehicle is offered as a four-door sedan (one of six different versions ) in Venezuela/Columbia and is Ford badged (yes Ford Festiva). Production for this Festiva began I believe in 1993. First as a four-door hatchback, then later a four door sedan (Avila) which appeared in 1995. It is the only Ford badged derivative of the original Mazda 121/Kia Pride/Ford Festiva still in current production."

My car does have FORD and FESTIVA badges.

So do you guys think I can find at least NEW door handles here in the USA. The reason I need them is the hot sun and climate down there is killer on Plastics and rubber items, and my plastic handles just broke off trying to open the doors, so I don't want to go the junk yard route and get more old sun baked handles that wont last.

I need a steering rack also but I'm a little paranoid about buying one unless I am solidly convinced it will fit, otherwise I may have to hunt that down in the DR with the bad one "in hand" to match it up before I hand over the $$$$.
              I am very curious as to a ballpark guestimate what a rack is going to cost me.
              Any and all thoughts and advice are most appreciated.

Comment

We have the four door festiva's here in aus.
                93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

We have the four door festiva's here in Taiwan,same as NicholasJackson's ride.

Comment

It's amazing how a US-based forum is outdated to the rest of the world. Someone might need to rename the site to classicfordfestiva.com, but I could be wrong. All I know is, if Chevy's Aveo is the same size, why not bring Festiva back? I would buy one, if they did it right... Viva la 2.3!
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

A manual steering rack for a Festiva is about $250 including the core charge. I don't see why it wouldn't fit a Kia Pride but maybe someone else knows for sure. As far as door handles, maybe someone has the original Ford part numbers and you could check with some place like "Green Sales Company" that has obsolete parts. Looking at NicolasJackson's pic, it looks like four two-door Festiva handles would work, and with Festiva's, left and right door handles are interchangeable, but you are probably going to need to find some used ones because new door handles are probably going to be difficult to find. Good Luck! And Welcome!
                      '90 LX

Comment

Working...
                      X