I have issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have issues

Today i helped a friend of mine tow his car, he has a taurus SHO with the same engine that was used in the SHOgun's (can't remember what year his car is) and i towed the SHO with my car dolly being pulled by my aspire :shock:

the piss off is that by the time i thought to take pics, we already had the SHO unloaded but I am still very impressed with how much abuse my aspire can take!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Ha! Yeah, that would have been a cool picture set!

Any future plans for an Aspire engine upgrade, or are you simply content to enjoy the incredible cost-effectiveness of that great buy?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Whenever my 300zx sells I plan to buy a bigger family car that'll replace the aspire, at that time I'll be posting the aspire for sale so with that in mind, I won't be doing any upgrades to it

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

When I read aspire pulling the show and the tittle,I thought ur aspire splitted in half...
        Its amazing how we use this little cars as trucks too,when we went racing with the festiva and the datsun.I loaded everything on the festiva,just folded the rear seat and carried with both sets of slicks. 235-60-15 for the Z and 20x6x14 for the festi,jack, tools,5 gallon of race gas and other small thing.I also had a passenger...and my Z could only carrie the passenger...I also used it for work at times, computer company,I could carrie alot of things in it.
        06 vw Bora
        09 Nissan Versa
        fastest B6T is back!!!
        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

That's the thing though, my aspire pulled the SHO no problem, of course the little B3 was working pretty hard but it never stops amazing me how much this aspire can do and it amazes me more that I haven't even had a break down despite the abuse I put it through
          Last edited by Damkid; 12-19-2010, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Last summer I towed my friends F-150 long bed with my festy for 10 miles. Sure got some looks! It's funny how powerful these little cars truly are.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              I have issues
              I'll say! :p

I wasn't going to say anything....but since you did......
              Last edited by drddan; 12-19-2010, 08:57 PM.
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

.... I would like to see a couple of pics of your DOLLY. I am interested in getting one for my Festi and I know there are all sizes and shapes.

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                Today i helped a friend of mine tow his car, he has a taurus SHO with the same engine that was used in the SHOgun's (can't remember what year his car is) and i towed the SHO with my car dolly being pulled by my aspire :shock:

the piss off is that by the time i thought to take pics, we already had the SHO unloaded but I am still very impressed with how much abuse my aspire can take!!
                A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

So when does the front engine SHO swap start?

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                    I'll say! :p

I wasn't going to say anything....but since you did......
                    It's ok you wouldn't be the first person to agree with me :lol:

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
                    So when does the front engine SHO swap start?
                    Ha, I don't think I'll be doin any SHO swaps anytime soon

Comment

Awww c'mon man you've already clearanced the engine bay...i bet it would drop right in. No idea what you'd do about a transmission though.

I guess you'll just have to do a RWD conversion while you're at it. There have been a few guys talk about doing them in Mustangs but i have yet to see anyone complete the swap. I wanna say there's a trans out of an Astro or something that bolts up.

Comment

Dude I used my aspire, not my festiva :lol: and my aspire is completely stock

I am positive there is a rwd tranny that bolts to the SHO engine, I seen a SHO motor in an old classic car (can't remember the model) and it was rwd

Comment

I know i'm sayin drop the SHO motor into the Festiva! Or is it not any better than the V6 you have in it? I don't know much about those engines other than the intakes are crazy looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
                            Awww c'mon man you've already clearanced the engine bay...i bet it would drop right in. No idea what you'd do about a transmission though.

I guess you'll just have to do a RWD conversion while you're at it. There have been a few guys talk about doing them in Mustangs but i have yet to see anyone complete the swap. I wanna say there's a trans out of an Astro or something that bolts up.
                            you mean Aerostar? pretty sure an Astro is a chebbie vehicle.
                            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Whoops...yeah i meant the Aerostar

I don't know minivans :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X