ECU numbers Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU numbers Question

I got a ECU from a guy that I bought a bunch of festiva stuff , but this ECU begins with B3 (i donno the rest yet) , so my question is : is it a stock festiva ecu or its a B3?

I don't have a stock ecu handy right now but I'm going to assume if it says B3, then it's a stock ecu

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Yes , probably a stock ECU. Festiva, Aspire? Probably the same..
      Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

if I remember correctly from taking my parts car apart, it said B3 on it
        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
        Projects in the works:
        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Ive been searching trying to find the ecu number chart that was posted a long time ago. I'm trying to find the bp ecu numbers and if there are any differances in red line settings and so on. I've seen it on here before but can't seem to find it now so any help would be great. Iphones and the search button don't get along very well keeps kicking me back out.
          New build on the way .

Comment

Well I saw on ebay , a stock festy ecu beggining with B3...... So I think its case closed on this one.

Comment

plug it in, you never know,maybe its a super dooper jdm racing one and will give you 50 more hp.....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                plug it in, you never know,maybe its a super dooper jdm racing one and will give you 50 more hp.....
                Useless , im building a shogun , the stock ecu is left there to turn on the lights and various non-motor electric stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
                  Useless , im building a shogun , the stock ecu is left there to turn on the lights and various non-motor electric stuff.
                  Shouldn't need it for anything like that either; mine is removed and all my lights work fine.
                  Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                  1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                  2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                  2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Yeah all thats just relays and wiring
                    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                    X