Ford Aspire in UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Aspire in UK?

Does anyone know if there was a UK equivalent of the Ford Aspire? I see the Kia Pride (Festiva)'s were made until at least 1998-2000.

I've seen (I guess now it must've been austrailian?) a speedometer on an Aspire, it was in MPH, it had blue gauges (dont remember if it had a tach or not, I've seen blue with and without), the trippy thing was that it went 10-20-30-40 etc instead of 5-15-25-35.

I found my friend in the UK again and if I could have found one of those in the UK, I would've had him bid on one on ebay for me

But I guess not, unless anyone knows if there is an Aspire equivalent in the UK?

Probably the Kia Avella if they had them in the UK. I didn't think they made it there though. The Kia Avella was sold mostly in Asia but I don't know the exact countries. I'd like to get hold of the 1.5L's they have over there, not to mention the headers and the aftermarket parts.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• If you look up Kia Avella in google it brings up some interesting info:
        The Kia Avella is a subcompact automobile produced in sedan, 3-door hatchback, and 5-door hatchback form from March of 1994 to 1998. [1] All models provided seating for five passengers. Sold worldwide as the Avella, it was rebadged as the Ford Aspire in North America and the Ford Festiva in Japan and Australasia. Sales of the Avella totalled 115,576 in 1994 but dropped to only 27,850 in 1998. [2] The Avella was replaced by the Kia Rio.

Seven trim levels where made:
        GXi: 3-door, B3 EGi
        Secrety STD: 5-door, B3 EGi
        Secrety DLX: 5-door, B3 EGi
        Secrety: 5-door, B5 EGi
        Delta Si: 4-door, B3 EGi
        Delta Si STD: 4-door, B5 EGi
        Delta Si DLX: 4-door, B5 EGi

And engines:
        B3 EGi: 1.3 L (1323 cc) fuel injected 16-valve inline-4 making 73 hp (DIN) (54 kW) at 5000 rpm and 99 ft.lbf (135 Nm) of torque at 3000 rpm
        B5 EGi: 1.5 L (1498 cc) fuel injected 16-valve inline-4 making 88.4 hp (DIN) (65 kW) at 5000 rpm and 99 ft.lbf (135 Nm) of torque at 4000 rpm

Yes I get bored to easy.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
      X