Don't know whats wrong with me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know whats wrong with me.

I was thinking about selling my other 93GL so I could get me some new tires for my ford truck before i retire in about ten months. So I started it up so I could make sure everything works on it. New tires, new cat, 02 sensor, head put on just before I bought it, new timing belt, and new rear struts. All windows great shape, no rust, only thing wrong with it is when I turn on headlights, parking lights would not come on so I just did a simple wire job on it and put them on toggle switch till later. Brake lights work when I hit brakes so must just be wire somewhere. Like I said was thinking about selling it and made mistake of getting in it and taking off. Went for ride on highway , 65-70, smooth. Kicked back, listening to radio and just knew It was going to be a hard decision to make cause it rides so smooth and runs great and only has 193,000 on it. Needs painted cause clear coat is coming off but no big dents and like I said no rust. Thinking about $600.00. Guess I'm going to have to think about it some more and stay out of it and not drive it if I decide to let it go. I still have the ghost to drive so guess I have hard decision to make. It did pass emissions after I put new cat on and 02 sensor. Oh well.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Sounds like a fair price...
    Oscar

Comment

x2 More than fair for a new top end runner. Too bad you're not closer.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

keep it..... you'll hate yourself if you let her go.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Id not let it go either but you gotta do what you gotta do. Money short over here too and i had to put tires on firestone credit this time.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

You make it sound like the festiva could be in better shape then your truck, if thats the case, i'd sell the truck and keep the festiva :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

My truck is in good shape. I just need to be getting it new tires by next winter before I retire and I can afford them. I have to have it to pull my camper and at 4 in the morning when its snowing and I need it to get to work to plow. I love my truck and I have four vehicles and It will be really tight as far as insurance, license plates, gas. My wife has her car, 93 chevy with only 70,000 miles on it and we will keep it. If I cant keep it licensed and keep insurance on it, i just don't want it to set when someone can get real good use out of it.
              Last edited by milehighbear; 12-23-2010, 07:34 PM.
              Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
              93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
              01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

If you do plan on selling it, let me know! I would hate to see it go to someone who wouldn't take care of it.
                '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
                  My wife has her car, 93 chevy with only 70,000 miles on it and we will keep it.
                  You are joking, right? You really expect us to believe you are selling a FORD Festiva in order to keep a Chevy? Either that or you have been smoking the green stuff I forsake years ago...

Cheap
                  Heap
                  Every
                  Valve
                  Rattles
                  Oil
                  Leaks
                  Every
                  Time.

Since you don't live near him, and aren't helping keep him in business, I am sure Arty will agree with this...

Support your local mechanic, buy a Chevrolet!

Dude, you and your wife need to get your priorities straight! Dump the GM product, and get that Festiva straight! ;P
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

This here is Ford country, son, on a quiet night, I can hear a chevy rust!
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                    X