Is anyone else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else...

.. alone, or just me? I really don't like the holidays; it's just so depressing, and I wish it was Jan 2.
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

well i would say i agree with you
    but hell jan 2nd won't be any better for me so what's the difference lol

Comment

I didn't get any gifts. Holidays aren't anything special for me.
      91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
      14 C7 Z51

Comment

I feel the same a lot of times.
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I cant wait for nye to be drunk off my face. Im not much of a christmas person.
          93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
          98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
          98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Sorry to hear bud...

I wish it were Jan 2 also... I'll be flying to the Dominican Republic with the new wifey...
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Well, I love the holidays, family, food and loads of entertainment.. I'm sorry to hear about those who don't enjoy the holidays

Merry Christmas!
              Last edited by MTec007; 12-25-2010, 09:51 PM.

Comment

No dude...You're definitely not the only one...

In fact the last four years of my life just got flushed down the crapper.
                Last edited by bhazard; 12-25-2010, 10:08 PM.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I have grown tired of the christmas ordeal.
                  It has gone away from being with family having a good time and moved to who has spent how much on the gifts. All the stores are like friggin' war zones and half the "shoppers" seem to be wandering around like zombies.
                  We stopped in at walmart for a few food items on christmas eve and seen at least 3 almost fights over the last items on the shelf. People pushing and dang near running in the store, absolutely ridiculous.
                  As far as I am concerned we should drop the whole gift giving and just make it a nice day to spend with family and friends.
                  Otherwise just cancel it, wouldn't break my heart.
                  Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                  1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

I don't get it, A lot of people use Christmas, and the universal time off it provides, to get together with family is all. Your interpretation of what Christmas or New year's is, is up to you, it is of your own choosing, your OWN choice. It's not even something you can successfully blame on your upbringing is it? If you saw this "holiday" as Christ's birthday, that would actually be technicaly correct. If you see it as an excuse for an orgy of excess, be it spending, over eating or drinking...own it.
                    You have what you want. If you want shoes, you've got them right? If you want a cheeze burger, you get one. You figured that stuff out didn't you? If you want a lot of friends, you can have a lot of friends, or more accurately, "not be alone".
                    In all cases, you just have to do what is needed to "achieve" the end you desire.
                    Believe it or not, you've got what you want, cause if you don't have it, you surely don't want it. Obviously excluding the absolute powers of life and health.

May you get everything you wish for! Choose wisely
                    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

All Holidays and everyday life

Thats right, presents and food are not the reason for the season, and as for friends, i've seen first hand that you don't have to be handsome to get a women or Good friends, put a smile on your face and change the down attitude, then watch the change take place.
                      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

The last eighteen years have been a bummer for me at Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years. Kids would go to their Grandparents and the girlfriend spent time with her kids and Ex. This year though, new gal pal, spent time with her kids, and we invited a family from the local Mission to spend Christmas with us. It was terrific. Thier two young children were well behaved, we got each of them a small gift (they can't have to much stuff at the mission, in fact, the husband can't sleep in the same room as the wife and kids) We had a wonderful meal, Prime Rib, Ham, Oyster stew, green bean cassarole, mashed potatoes, yams, and a nice relish tray. For dessert there was pumpkin pie, apple pie, and pecan pie. It changed my whole attitude towards the Holidays. Didn't have time to worry about the past years of dissappointments. Try it next year. It may change your life for the better.
                        Last edited by hotfordcat; 12-26-2010, 09:10 AM.
                        Chuck
                        Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                        If money will fix it, it's not broken
                        91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                        93 GL - Lil Red
                        91 L - Tweetystiva
                        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

My beef is that people start pushing this Christmas stuff earlier and earlier each year. For instance, a radio station in my area (93.3 Coast FM) starts playing 24 hrs of Christmas music at midnight on November 1st all the way to New Year. It's a popular station, so it's impossible to avoid hearing it. By Thanksgiving, I'm so sick of Christmas music that it ruins the season for me.

November 1st is when a lot of stores around here start hyping Christmas too.
                          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I have 15 years in retail...so yeah i pretty much hate the holidays. It got really bad in my early 20s when i didn't have any kids and was single and away from my family...i was the classic bahumbug scrooge. At 23 i had my son and things turned around. Now i look at the holidays like, i was a kid once and i had my Christmas' and now it's my kids' turn to have theirs so i try my best to enjoy it and make it the best i can for them. Me and the Mrs. don't buy each other anything either...we wait until tax time to blow money on ourselves so all the funds around the holidays go for the kids and family.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

It sucks that some of you guys have to be alone. If anyone lives near me they are welcome to come over! At least Christmas is over and we can focus on New Years!!!
                              Amazing Amanda

Comment

Working...
                              X