common sense isnt so common

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• common sense isnt so common

this weekend i pulled my motor out to do some clean up and put my new spec clutch in ! all went well, just about when i was done my friend asks me if he can help so not thinking anything of it i tell him to swap the spark plugs out ! but noooooo first plug he touches when he puts it in goes in cross threaded and he gives me this lamo excuse that's how it goes . so needless to say my friend will be buying me a new aspire head and guys when i say he put this in crooked i mean oh my god what were you thinking crooked and twice in the same hole !

so hope your weekend went better than mine :lol:
    b3t and loving it!

That sucks :shock:
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

They sell spark plug taps, you might be able to save removing the head with one!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Most of my friends are idiots like that, too.

It REALLY sucks when you need a helping hand, and your friend thinks he's right, but he's not and harms the car.

Believe me, I've been there before. I do all my own work unless I need some help with a heavy object.

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

I had a friend argue with me once about how tight the fan temp sensor should be. Let's just say I was right and I had to buy a new thermostat housing from it. He paid me back and eventually realized that every so often i'm right. I do all my own work now.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

i rebuilt a ford 2300 4cylinder ...it was for my 4cyl modified stock car.....i had a buddy put the rod caps on with the new bearings.....he put the caps on backwards even though they had arrows that showed him the correct way to mount them......needless to say....8 laps into the feature event POOF...there went my fresh rebuilt engine.......

Comment

It's certainly true that common sense is not common.
              I often say that, with the added comment that common courtesy is not common, either.
              I guess all we can do is lead by example in both regards.

Comment

only ford fans can fix ford cars, any monkey can bang coconuts together and fix a chevy..

Comment

Back when I was roadracing motorcycles, I was working with my buddy on his Ducati 900ss race bike in his garage.
                  There was an over head magnetic hook that was attached to the sheet metal heater duct.
                  The magnet was not very strong.....and for what ever reason....my dumbass thought it would be a good idea to hang the air hose with the ratchet from this magnetic hook.

:roll:

The magnet failed....the ratchet fell...and put a nasty friggin dent into the pristine fuel tank.
                  He was so pissed....I felt like a complete fuckin moron.

I was glad to pay $200 to have the tank refinished.

Since that time......everytime we are at a party or benchracing with buddies.....yup......he tells that story.
                  1991 Festiva " The Doomer" 8vB6 Azzfire brake swap complete !

Comment

the only people I let help me with my work, is either my dad , or my demi-brother Greg.

worst that's ever happened is we forgot to hook the mass.ox.sens back up once when we had to pull the engine to replace a bracket on my first Fes.
                    "Nothing's gonna grieve us
                    When we drive Festivas
                    I could go a hundred miles an hour
                    Long as I got the Almighty Power
                    With my plastic Jesus
                    Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

Originally posted by Perle
                      Back when I was roadracing motorcycles...
                      Since that time......everytime we are at a party or benchracing with buddies.....yup......he tells that story.
                      I know exactly how you felt.. I was 15 and working in my dads body shop.. we were pushing to get 3 cars out by morning so we had a guy that paints come over.. He drove a custom Red '59 Chevy 3 door Impala delivery. Well I finished up on a customers Chevy Blazer and was backing it down the steep hill from the shop that is only about 30' long with the parking lot on the side of the shop. The blazer was a manual. I was nervous and kept killing it and I was running out of driveway.. so I popped the clutch and burned out coming over the hill to the lot.. and crash!!! I sideswiped the 59 from the driver's 1/4 panel to the headlight.. I was sooooo glad to be 15 at that particular moment. I lived in a small town so every Friday night party I attended I had to hear the " he's the stupid dumbass who killed my 59" story.. :shock:

Comment

Working...
                      X