Clear All

• Should I Get It?

Here it is...

So this

plus this

Equals this

?
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Of course....it looks like a GL probably has a/c. With that low of miles its got be a good runner. I wouldnt worry about the noise at the worst is a throw-out bearing. Good Luck and I would try to talk her down....maybe 500 cash.
    Ford Fester

Comment

Unfortunately, there is another variable. "Making a noise" is never a good thing, and it typically means it's making a really ugly noise. Rod knock comes to mind... are you intending to swap/upgrade/rebuild this thing potentially? It could be as simple as a clicking CV or valves or throw-out or something I suppose... but I'd want to hear it tick first before getting in on it. Eraser wheel for the win though... mine'll be getting that treatment at some point!
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Go look at it and take it for a test drive, the noise might just be something as stupid as that new muffler hitting something.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

I'll talk to the seller later to see if i can discern the problem, they're at work.

We'll see how it goes, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high. It looks so good though.
          -Zack

Comment

If you get it you can add Unicorns and Fairy Dust to all those Blossoms!

Or at least a Gnome hood ornament.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Only 45 minutes away from me. Maybe I can take a look.
              -Donny
              -1992 Festiva GL
              B6D/E-series.
              -1991 GL
              BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Nice, close to me too. Shall we look Donny? Wish I had the extra cash lol but all mine Has been spent.
                90 LX Auto with 120k miles

Comment

ill bet a dollar that the mystery noise is the heat sheild over the tailpipe rattling or knocking around an old girlfriend sold hers because of the noise to a friend of mine who later told me the heat shield was banging around that was all it was ....buy it regardless of the noise its a festy with flower power man do it and spread the love ..lol...hey i drive a camo festy with a tank turret really flowers arent that bad ..an with gas like it is i would drive a hott pink festy long as i got 30 - 40 mpg ..ya know what i mean
                  Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Id get any festy gas is about to sky rocket!!
                    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Even if its engine noise,,a good excuse to upgrade to the b6.it looks really clean.I say go for it.
                      06 vw Bora
                      09 Nissan Versa
                      fastest B6T is back!!!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Put a b6t in it then see who laughs.
                        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Haha, talked to the seller.

They don't know anything about cars but they laughed when I asked if it could be driven home 45 minutes away.

I did find out that it is an automatic and has a few spots of rust around the bottom.

I think I'll go take a look at it tomorrow. btaylor, xaero_81, did you guys want to come? Haha
                          -Zack

Comment

Update:

Talked a bit more to the seller. Almost picked up the car today, couldn't rent a tow dolly. (gassed up the '93 MGM, checked my tires and got the cash arranged and everything!)

She would only ever say she had no idea what was wrong with the car, but it is making a funny noise.

I texted to ask if it was a sputter, a rattle, a shaking or what. Finally...

"A knock" is what I get.

Cool... a knock... WELL!

"Had it ever run without oil or was it overheated?"

"My dad replaced the oil pan gasket or whatever, it was leaking but he redid it and it's fine now. Then my step dad took off the timing belt cover, but he doesn't have a timing light or something. It runs really rough."

Does that say distributor/rotor/wires/plugs/coil/IGNITION to anyone else?

I hope it's something as easy as that. What do you think?

I'm picking it up early tomorrow, so none of you go swiping it... hahaha.
                            Last edited by crazyrog17; 01-01-2011, 06:59 PM.
                            -Zack

Comment

I saw this today too. 3+ hours for me though. The noise is why I dismissed it.

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
                              Id get any festy gas is about to sky rocket!!
                              This is why I am looking right now
                              -Bryant

Comment

Working...
                              X