Kia Rio 1.6L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kia Rio 1.6L

Anyone know if the DOHC 1.6 liter 110bhp engine in the later (U.S. 2007) Kia Rio is of the same family as the B3 etc?

I was looking at a used 2007 Rio5 w/4spd auto + OD and was just wondering.

It's a Hyundai Alpha engine, not related to the Mazda B Series.
    '90 LX

Comment

when i was searching mazda 1.6 dohc gaskets,some of the listings saying kia too, i know they used the bp in some of the sephia but i wasnt aware they used the 1.6 in anything

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
        It's a Hyundai Alpha engine, not related to the Mazda B Series.
        Thanks. It looks to be a pretty good engine tech wise. Found this on

Didn't someone on the forum install Kia front struts and hub on a Festiva?

The Alpha was updated in 2005 and debuted in the Accent economy car. The G4ED Alpha II was enlarged to 1.6L (1599 cc) thanks to a 76.5 mm bore and 87 mm stroke. A 10:1 compression ratio produced 110 hp (82 kW) at 5800 rpm with 106 ft·lbf (144 N·m) of torque at 3000 rpm.

The Alpha II has a cast iron engine block and aluminum DOHC cylinder heads with 4 valves per cylinder. It uses MFI fuel injection and features forged steel connecting rods. It has COP (Coil-On-Plug) ignition, graphite-coated pistons and new cylinder block design to increase strength. Throttle body bore has increased from 48 to 52 mm. The power and torque spread of the engine is across a wider range of engine speeds due to Continuously Variable Valve Timing. Engine and automatic transmission control is now integrated into one module and the PCM is located in the engine compartment. It is ULEV-certified in all 50 U.S. states. The Alpha engine family is produced in Ulsan, South Korea.

Comment

seems like you could slap the whole drivetrain into the festy if someone's already done the suspension and hubs.

give it a shot!
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
          X