• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:puke:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

The one that sold with that motorhome a while back was way better.

I wonder what the weight savings would be with one shortened like that the proper way.

... ... and a BPT
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

91 festy wrote:

"Our festys are already smart cars!"

Quote of the day!!

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

1. Honda Fit gas tanks are under the driver.

2. Festy Smart car--what a great idea, making it handle worse and have far less capacity. The weight savings would be minimal, and not contribute to better mileage much if at all.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The gas tank wasnt that big of a hazard, I mean my 76 Ford f250 had the spare tank behind the bench seat, no big difference there. I should have taken more pictures, my brother took these ones while i was trying to look for parts worth while

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
            91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

I'd guess the best way to get better mpgs with a shortened wheelbase Festiva would be to take the top off too and have an around-town runabout/golf cart type car. You'd lose the top, hatch, all the glass but the windshield and you'd want to add a roll bar for safety.

I'd still go fuel cell though. A small one to maximize weight savings. Maybe 4 to 5 gallons. At around 38 to 42 mpgs city driving it would work fine with a 150 to 200 mile range. Heck, a 2 to 3 gallon tank would still give you a 70 to 130 mile range. Put it under the hood!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
              X