No announcement yet.

A Capri story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you SURE the 12s won't clear those 9" rotors? i'd bet they do, and if not the 12s then use 2 spares (13")
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I stopped back today to finalize the deal. They are going to pump up all the tires tomorrow, and try to find the keys. It will be a real pain in the back-side if they lost the keys! I will stop back on Friday to check on it and see if the tires are still up. If I can get the car dolly ready to go, I'll pick it up on Saturday. If not, they said it's been there for 5 years and another couple weeks wouldn't hurt.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        are you SURE the 12s won't clear those 9" rotors? i'd bet they do, and if not the 12s then use 2 spares (13")
        I figured the rear rotors on a Capri shouldn't be too much bigger than the front rotors on a Festy.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

Been there done it. 12s don't fit.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I sold my '92 XR2 at Christmas. I bought it from a girl that had let it sit for about a year because of a bad head gasket. It was a really nice, low-mileage hardtop car. I went through it and got back in shape and drove it for a year. I can say that the intake is different and the head gasket job on a turbo car is with out a doubt harder than the N/A car. I don't know if the harness is different under the hood though.

I let that one go because I found a 1-owner '94 XR2 (1 of about 360) and will be making that the keeper. I've driven these for about 12 years and love 'em. I have a '92 XR2 parts car but I'll need to keep it for the '94 (the mechanicals anyway).

My Flamestiva is for frugality and the Capri's for fun!! The turbo is awesome, I can only imagine what it does when dropped in the Festiva.
            1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
            1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
            1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
            FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

fastivab6t(sp?) is running a bp on b6t wiring.
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

^^ You mean a BPt or a N/A BP?
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by tulsacarman View Post
                  I sold my '92 XR2 at Christmas. I bought it from a girl that had let it sit for about a year because of a bad head gasket. It was a really nice, low-mileage hardtop car. I went through it and got back in shape and drove it for a year. I can say that the intake is different and the head gasket job on a turbo car is with out a doubt harder than the N/A car. I don't know if the harness is different under the hood though.

I let that one go because I found a 1-owner '94 XR2 (1 of about 360) and will be making that the keeper. I've driven these for about 12 years and love 'em. I have a '92 XR2 parts car but I'll need to keep it for the '94 (the mechanicals anyway).

My Flamestiva is for frugality and the Capri's for fun!! The turbo is awesome, I can only imagine what it does when dropped in the Festiva.
                  I would like to find an XR2, I was just asking if a convertible Capri would be an Xr2?
                  Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

Capri xr2 were not allowed to be imported in to Canada.
                    1992 black GL
                    1991 white GL
                    1991 blue L parts car
                    1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
                    1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                      I would like to find an XR2, I was just asking if a convertible Capri would be an Xr2?
                      Every Capri was convertible, there was a bolt on hard top option though (like the Miata). They came in automatic, 5-speed and turbo. The turbo was not sold with the automatic transmission and the 5 speed Non-turbo tranny is different than the turbo 5-speed tranny.

I know that the top end is different between 5-speed N/A and turbo car but I don't know if there are any differences on the lower end.
                      1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
                      1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
                      1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
                      FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                        ^^ You mean a BPt or a N/A BP?
                        He's running an NA BP with a turbo added on b6t wiring.
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                          He's running an NA BP with a turbo added on b6t wiring.
                          Thanks! That's exactly what I was thinking of doing if the B6T short block is bad. I can get a good BP for around $250. Would the turbo off the B6T be too small for a BP?
                          Brian

Comment

The b6t turbo is too small for the b6t lol.
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

^^ good point

I have several good turbos off of '79 & '80 Mustangs (2.3L). I don't know what they are, or how big. I know the flanges are different due to the old draw through carb design and they have some type of wastegate set-up. Would they be feasable to use on a B6t or BP, or are they so different and antique that they're useless? Would they may be more suited for a rear mounted turbo?
                              Another stupid question, but are the Capris intercooled? I hear people talk about adding a Probe and other large intercoolers, but I haven't paid that close attention to what a stock B6T is all about.
                              Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possibilities and potential that I have available, depending on what may be wrong with the Capri. What about using the Capri wiring, ECU & tranny, a j/y BP from an EGT, and maybe a rear mounted turbo from the the old 2.3L Mustang so I don't need to add an intercooler?
                              Brian

Comment

Capri is intercooled. I'm sure the car was built around the intercooler as far as its up in the bumper.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X