Festiva #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva #2

So a guy near me put an ad on craigslist for 88 festiva parts. Called him today to see if he would sell thewhole car and to see what was wrong with it. He said the clutch was shot and it needed a grill. He want s 400 for the while thing. Since its a 88 I'm assuming its carburated? I will throw a clutch at it now and then since I was asked to work 40+ hour work weeks this summer I will do some swap while I drive my chevelle. Do you guys think its worth 400 assuming that the paint is décent and there isn't much rust? Is there any chance its fi?
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

I bought my 88 for 400$ with a bad clutch. And the interior was thrashed! Is it an lx? And if u plan on doing a swap I would reccomend just getting a 90+ model so there is less wiring involved.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

He is getting me more details, and more writing isn't a problem, that's what uncles that are professional audio installers are for lol I'm hoping I can get him down to 300

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

It's carbureted.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

4 bills aint bad an a clutch dont cost much snag that puppy
          Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Make sure you check that everything you don't want to work on is functional and in good shape. Particularly the carb, fuel and brake lines, etc.

FYI, 1988s were all 4 and 5 speed MTX, 1989 saw the introduction of an ATX, which had its own "odd" FI system. 1990 and later were all FI with a choice of 5 speed MTX or 3 speed ATX.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

what kind of gas mileage would i get if it was a 4 speed? 5 speed? i am driving a 92 5 speed so i can usually get like 50 mpg

Comment

I got 42mpg driving my old near shot 4 speed 88 like I stole it. It had no exhaust from the resonator back and burned oil like it was gas. Man was that fun starting it up at 7:00am getting ready to leave work. Those were the days.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                X