Attention: Ebay item not what its seems to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention: Ebay item not what its seems to be

There is an Ebay listing for '88/'89 Festiva taillights. The picture is NOT the true Item!
    The picture shows an Aftermarket-style taillights. THe Seller's store uses the same picture whether it is for a Mustang or any of a dozen other cars.

Seller's: AACHENAUTO (1284*)

Ebay Item# 330484804455

he knows... if you read the note thats in red under item description: NOTE: Image(s) shown may be the vehicle from which
    the part was pulled, or a generic image representing
    typical stock, rather than the unique item being sold.
    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

What's sad is that lots of buyers will go solely on the picture and then make believe you are responsible for selling them something they didn't want when they open the package. And guess what, evilBay and FeePal will back them up right through the dispute and on to the claim. They will be out nothing and you will sometimes be out shipping AND purchase price.

Sorry, I really really hate being seller side of evilBay.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

You should be required by the site to post a picture of the true item. It would be like one of us posting a picture of euro tailights on here, and selling you a set of regular tailights because it was a "stock photo".

Comment

^^ I agree, I hate CL ads that say "the picture below is not my car but my car looks like it". And you get there and its a 4 door cavalier instead of a 2 door sunfire or something*. Or one I saw the other day "The car pictured below is a Ford Taurus, but the Camry I'm selling is the same color as it." I about died laughing.

* Disclaimer, I made up that example to make a point, never have I, nor do I plan to, answer a CL ad for a cavalier or sunfire :lol:
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Sometimes the item looks exactly like the stock photo, and the item is new so it really does look like that. I don't condone false advertising. Just a related rant.

Still if the picture shows one item and the description and title read another one and the buyer hasn't the sense to question things, there's some brain malfunction there. Honest mistakes happen, especially when you list LOTS of items. And then sometimes sellers are lazy too.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Ebay listening for a rx7 steering wheel with center horn section. I took it to mean the entire steering wheel. They sent me just the center horn section... Picture showed entire steering wheel. Stuff like that is why they need accurate pictures.

Comment

I agree

The epay listings I get a kick out of are the adds that have a pic. of a car and it's covered in 2 feet of snow or has a car cover on it and say's ran when parked ha ha ha. And then in the description it says what you see is what you get.

Sellers should list a pic of the actual item and give an acurate detailed description!

Comment

Sorry... Fraud is fraud!

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                  he knows... if you read the note thats in red under item description: NOTE: Image(s) shown may be the vehicle from which
                  the part was pulled, or a generic image representing
                  typical stock, rather than the unique item being sold.
                  Just because he (the seller) tries to hide by making this blanket statement, It is still fraud! It is bait and switch. Craigslist seller's are also commiting fraud, but at least you get to see it before spending money.

What makes it worse this worse... He has a "check to see if it fits" checker, which says it does fit '88 & '89 Festivas!

Comment

I'm confused. How is it fraud? He says the pictures may not represent the actual item. He gives a description and title that says what the item is.

Lots of buyers would argue that he should put up the exact picture of the item. It would be nice, but as the lords of the online auction world allow use of stock photos, he's not doing anything technically wrong. He's selling tail lights. He has a picture of tail lights and admits it's not an exact depiction.

It says it fits Festivas because it does. What's wrong with that?

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

hmmm...

For sale: Fender for Lambourghini Counthash

*Actual item may differ from item shown, tire and wheel not included

LOL!!!

But at least I didn't break any rules, it says fender and it shows a fender... :lol:
                      Last edited by htchbck; 01-06-2011, 10:14 AM.
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

It is still fraud if he is showing a picture of taillights that are not the exact same style and type as the ones he is selling.

Comment

regardless if it is fraud or not if people read the whole listing they would know it isn't the picture.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

People need to stop buying from people who just use a stock photograph instead of taking a pic of it themselves. I buy and sell on Ebay (I sell more than I buy). I always take multiple pics of what I sell, and I don't buy from anyone too lazy to take a picture.
                            If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                            Mark S.

Comment

This should be everyone's "EBAY CREED" as well as general advice on all transactions:

Caveat emptor: Let the buyer beware.

Plus the lesser known:

Caveat venditor: Let the seller beware.

Both covered here at wiki, though pertaining mainly to real estate:

Read carefully! Ask questions! If you don't like what you see, ignore it and move on. If you get ripped off even after being careful, sometimes there's nothing you can do.

Kinda like other parts of life!

Karl
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                              X