1.6 Mercury Capri Convertible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 Mercury Capri Convertible?

Would these cars have the turbo on them?
    Or do they have to show the XR2?
    Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Only the Xr2 models are turbo'ed.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

They do have to be an XR2 but I've run across more than one that had been hit in the rear and for the repair they had not replaced the spoiler on the back. The emblems that designate that it's a 1991-1993 XR2 are on the spoiler. The 1994 XR2 had vinyl decals on the front lower quarter panel, in front of the rear wheel.

If it's an automatic, no for sure. No auto turbos were produced. To be sure just pop the hood. The intake is marked as a turbo (unless the paint is gone). See attached pic.
      1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
      1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
      1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
      FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

I dont recommend killing a 94 Xr2 for a swap though. Thats complete sacrilege to the Capri community and the car collecting hobby in general.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          I dont recommend killing a 94 Xr2 for a swap though. Thats complete sacrilege to the Capri community and the car collecting hobby in general.
          AMEN!! I waited 12 years to find the right one. They are one of the rarer cars on the road and if you figure that maybe half are still on the road after 17 years then that only leaves about 180 or so. They sold them outside the U.S as well but only about 360 were sold stateside.

They made much needed changes to the Capri after 3 years of relative "pretty much the same old thing" and then killed it. About 3300 1994s and about 1 out of 10 an XR2. It's really sad, I think if they'd just hung in there a little longer it might have made it. The difference between the '91-'93 XR2 and the '94 is almost night and day.
          1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
          1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
          1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
          FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

Working...
          X