I was just in a hurry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just in a hurry.

Some guy/girl in a brand new Mustang is slowing me down. I'm late for work and we finally get to the 4 lane, so I get passed it and on my way. 1/2 a mile down the road I see the headlights in my mirror. Apparently he didn't like that the tin can passed him. So he gets in front and is satisfied again and slows to my slower uphill speed.(Not really sure what that was as my gauges were removed)

Now I can't possibly get passed without looking aggressive so I just wait for a downhill section to cruise back to where I need to be. In 5th I just floor it which obviously doesn't do too much. He doesn't like that either, so he matches me with ease and we accelerate side by side toward a stop sign with a 90 degree split. I have to get back in the other lane and my brakes aren't good enough to hold out too long so there is no getting passed him. But, I know this type. The machine has more guts than the driver. So, I just wait for the Stang to brake with the gas still floored.

As I thought, it wimps out sooner and I follow suit(after nosing in front BTW) riding his rear through the right side of the split which neither one of use stops for. What's with some people?
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

In a situation like that, if i was driving my festiva, i would just keep pace with them for a while and them go full throttle to pull away from them :lol: then if they decided to ride my a..... back bumper..... then i'd use my brakes

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

that is why I am considering a B6T or a BP for my next Festiva
      -Bryant

Comment

^^Such tiny little engines :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

see thats the advantage of having a gun turret on the roof people arent to crazy about being in front of it ..real or not it is really unsettling
          Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Never fails...No one likes to be passed by a Festiva. I have noticed this a lot lately since I now have a commute to school.
            Yep, a Mustang, BMW or better yet a early 90's Chevy pickup with huge white vinyl cut stickers that say "Mac Tools" "Polaris" "Snap on" or "Ski-Doo" on the back window. lol.... ahhh, I shouldn't stereo-type, but its so true.
            That doesn't bother me, its the pointing and laughing from the kids at school. Meanwhile, they figure they are pretty cool getting in their riced out crappy neon or sunfire....

Comment

you should have seen the looks my fiancee was getting when she passed a friend of mine with the white vinyl stickers on his window. The next time i saw him he was like, what was that egg thing you were driving? lol. I was like, aspire. Then I had to be told the whole, does it aspire to be a real car joke. I'm sick of that
              1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

Got 4 inches of snow on the ground when I came out from work this morning. Everyone here strokes when that happens because they can't drive for turds and the state road doesn't bother this early. I'm whizzing by SUVs and F serieses and coal trucks like it's 90 degrees out.

I can imagine them wondering what that was that just flew by. Oh yeah. The feeling of those skinny tires in snow is like having rudders and being on water or something. It's great to be the little guy sometimes.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                X