Honda CRX HF vs Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda CRX HF vs Festiva

Both five speeds, which one is quickest in a drag race?

That HF is the one that claimed about 53-4 mpg.

HF: 62 HP, 1923 lbs
    Festy: 63 HP, 1713 lbs

What do you think?

I got these stats from the 1993 edition of Consumer Guides' Complete Guide to Used Cars.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      HF: 62 HP, 1923 lbs
      Festy: 63 HP, 1713 lbs

What do you think?

I got these stats from the 1993 edition of Consumer Guides' Complete Guide to Used Cars.
      Guess I should have said the CRX is an '88 model and I think that means it has about 100+ pounds less weight. About 1800 lbs.

I figured one of the racer types here had tried one on. A buddy just bought one and I don't want to race him if I'm going to get beat.:toothy7:

Comment

The HF would have higher gearing so I would expect the Festiva to have an advantage there as well as in around 100 pounds of weight.

However, ya never know. Each car is an individual. Especially if someone has replaced or gotten rid of a few parts.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

race him on a quarter tank! thas a good 50 lbs! lol rev and dump!

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
          1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
          R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
          00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
          03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
          pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
          Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
          Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

I raced an 88 hf civic and it wasn't even close. My 88 carbed L ate him up easily.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

It was funny he was delivering pizza and went back to work telling his friend I smoked him. I went to high school with his friend. I told the guy from high school and he was like. That was you?! He told me he got smoked by a festiva! Lol!!
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Mike McKown View Post
                Guess I should have said the CRX is an '88 model and I think that means it has about 100+ pounds less weight. About 1800 lbs.
                No, '88 was the first year of the 2nd generation CRXs, 88-91, not the lighter ones that ended with the 1987 model year.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yep, I remember seeing a local news article on the new 1988 Civics being made in Marysville here in OH instead of being imported from Japan.

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    No, '88 was the first year of the 2nd generation CRXs, 88-91, not the lighter ones that ended with the 1987 model year.
                    You may be right. I don't know. I was just going by this guy's description and he sells a bunch of them. The car in question came from him.

Comment

I had an '85 Civic "S." It had a carbed 1.5 12V with 76hp. The next year Civic special model was the "Si." It got FI and 91hp. That was the last year of the second gen body style. So yes, in 1988 the 3rd gen body style began.

Here are some old ads that show the different generations of Civic:

I had an '81 Civic DX and an '85 Civic S. Loved the simple, low key DX. Hated the "sporty" looking S. (All show; same go as the DX except for a shorter final drive.)

Pics show the two tone 1984 to 1985 S model (but mine was red and grey) and the other shows the single color Si, offered only in red, white and black.

In 1988 the body style was almost the same but more rounded corners and reportedly stiffer unibody.

Karl

Comment

Working...
                      X