Brand New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Member

Hi I'm new here. I'm very seriously considering getting a Festiva. I have a question about something. In this ad;

you can clearly see the car has been hit on the front/side enough to damage the fender, light, and bumper. I'm wondering since the car is unibody and fwd and a lightweight does this look bad enough for someone to say "definitely stay away" because the alignment would be permanently off? Or is it a "depends on the situation" kinda thing?

As I said I'm new here and I'm a total newb to the Festiva.

My current car is a 98 Crown Vic so I'm used to big body on frame chassis, rwd, etc. I'm just trying to get the feel of things. I do not plan on buying the car I showed as an example, either.

It showing 38 mpg means its probably an auto anyway, and I want a 5 speed with EFI and if I can get away with it, A/C. 38 mpg says to me "auto" because of the lower miles. Am I right in assuming that?

I have soooo many other questions about this cute little car but will save them for other times. Thanks for any help!!
    Last edited by KoD88; 01-14-2011, 01:57 AM.

it doesnt look that bad at all looks mostly cosmetic some of the guys have rebuilt cars alot worse than that so i would say grab it an then hit up the junk yards an grab parts an rebuild it ....welcome to the site
    Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

The autos had lower Mps's that would apper to be a 5 speed, and that it is a 93 it is a EFI car. And welcomethe the best little car forum on the web!
      Last edited by marinepolice03; 01-14-2011, 06:29 AM.
      1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
      1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
      1983 Chevy Elcamino
      1993 Ford Festiva GL
      2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
      some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

Thanks for the info. That is good news then.

I don't have the money for even that one just yet it will be a few more weeks but I will be there. I see really decent examples going anywhere from $500-$1200 in the ads so I may not have to search too hard?

Thanks again for the input and the welcome I appreciate it!!

Comment

where are you from? there might be people by you with cars for sale?
          1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
          1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
          1983 Chevy Elcamino
          1993 Ford Festiva GL
          2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
          some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

I'm near Columbia, SC. Near the car in the ad, actually. I'm also in between Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA so not too bad a selection hopefully when I seriously start looking.

Comment

That car is a five speed, assuming the car has the original transmission. Automatics were only optional with the GL trim in '93. That damage doesn't look bad. I would make an offer on it that's less than $550 and see what they say. And there are lots of members in that area that could help you track down some red replacement parts.

And WELCOME!
              Last edited by wybnrml; 01-14-2011, 11:51 AM.
              '90 LX

Comment

You are right about possible steering and alignment problems. Drive it first.
                Oscar

Comment

Welcome to the site and goodluck with the buy, it is a useable car.
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Some good advice.

DON'T BUY A FESTIVA!!!

They're highly addictive. If you buy one, soon all you'll think about are Festivas. Your free time will be spent here. Your dreams will be filled with engine, transmission and suspension swaps. People will start looking at you like you've lost your mind and the worst part is you won't care.

There is no rehab or cure.

Remember, you have been warned!
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

people that don't own a Festiva just don't understand!
                      1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                      1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                      1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                      1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                      1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                      1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                      1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Thanks for all the input and welcomes! Seems like a nice community of enthusiasts which is awesome. You are right about being addicted I do that with cars. I've already seen what I want to do to my future Festiva. But..it remains to be seen until I get one and how I'm feeling about it all at the time.

That's good to know about the red Festiva I posted. If its still up for sale when I get more funds, I will be looking at it then!!

Comment

i would offer them 400 cash and see how that goes and if they wont take it then say all that u have is 450.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
                          1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
                          R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
                          00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
                          03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
                          pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
                          Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
                          Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Welcome to the site! Looks like that one has Ohio plates.....better make sure it's rust free!
                            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                              Some good advice.

DON'T BUY A FESTIVA!!!

They're highly addictive. If you buy one, soon all you'll think about are Festivas. Your free time will be spent here. Your dreams will be filled with engine, transmission and suspension swaps. People will start looking at you like you've lost your mind and the worst part is you won't care.

There is no rehab or cure.

Remember, you have been warned!
                              This is the truth. I spend way too much time on here, and I always try and find other festiva's on craigslist to get parts off of and ebay for aftermarket parts. Its amazing how a small car can take over your life. haha

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                              91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Working...
                              X